Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just got a 2000 tracker 2wd w/auto for a swap into godzukis rig. any real headaches that anyone can point out????

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
350 Samurai said:
I used to have a write-up on www.izook.com, but they have changed their site and I can't find it anymore.
yep i looked for it and didnt find it either.but was the swap you did out of a 2000 tracker ? what about the speed sensor?is it a problem?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
godzuki said:
yep i looked for it and didnt find it either.but was the swap you did out of a 2000 tracker ? what about the speed sensor?is it a problem?
No it was a '99. I hooked everything up to the tranny just like factory and didn't have any problems. The only problem I have found is what feels like a rough idle. The motor seems to be running smooth, but you can feel it vibrate the truck. Everything is mounted on the factory rubber, so I don't know. It's not really that noticeable any more.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
350 Samurai said:

No it was a '99. I hooked everything up to the tranny just like factory and didn't have any problems. The only problem I have found is what feels like a rough idle. The motor seems to be running smooth, but you can feel it vibrate the truck. Everything is mounted on the factory rubber, so I don't know. It's not really that noticeable any more.
Do you still run this Samurai?

Would you do the swap again if you wanted to stick with a lightweight 4 cylinder?

Just curious, some people have regrets after making drivetrain swaps. I know a few 4.3 guys that ended up selling their trucks to go back to 4 cylinder engines (Suzuki and non).

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
ok i went and picked up the 2.0(rolled 2000 tracker) it was only 962 round trip miles and 15hrs driving but im fixin to start on the swap:D

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Root Moose said:

Do you still run this Samurai?

Would you do the swap again if you wanted to stick with a lightweight 4 cylinder?

Just curious, some people have regrets after making drivetrain swaps. I know a few 4.3 guys that ended up selling their trucks to go back to 4 cylinder engines (Suzuki and non).

[email protected]
1) I still have this Samurai (it's for sale), but I don't run it since I built the one with the V-8 and rockwells.

2) This is an all aluminum 4 cylinder. I don't really know the weight difference between the 1.3 and the 2.0 but the horsepower difference (60 vs 130) is real noticeable.

3) I can understand that with a 4.3. It is a lot heavier and a lot of people have problems with cooling and it gets aggravating after a while.

godzuki said:
ok first ? will the sammy ignition work in the 2.0? or do i have to change it to?
I just tied the 2.0 ignition wires into the Sammy ignition wires under the dash.

·
Registered
377 Posts
good looking ride you got there GodZuki

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
TablerockToy said:
What are you gong to be using for gear reduction? t-case ? axles?
CJ
Let me expand on this a little bit. You will need to gear down quite a bit because the auto tranny has a pretty high first gear because the stock gears in the rear end are 5:13s. The first gear ratio is 2.83.

The 6:1 transfer case gears didn't exist when I did mine and I was running a LC rear end, so 4:88 was the lowest gearing available for it (the 5:29s were a rumor, but I could not find anyone that had them for sale).

The low range gearing wasn't bad, but high range was actually geared higher than stock and made it a little more sluggish than it should have been. I'm being a little nit picky because it still runs great, I just wanted you to be aware of it.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts