Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive looked and saw alot of guys use a pillow block setup on front driveshafts because they are alot longer than normal. But what about using a carrier bearing setup becasue you need to have one part of the driveshaft stationary and one part to move with the suspension for clearence issues?

Basically i have a 1978 F-250 that im putting a 12v cummins in. Im trying to stay at a stock height. The issue i have is at ride height my front driveshaft is 2" below my slave cylinder mount. I dont want to lift the truck any higher but i know i dont have the space needed for up travel. What im looking for is ideas on whether this will work or not and any tips or ideas on how/where to mount the carrier bearing.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would say theres more chance than not that itll hit. I actually probably shouldnt describe what i have as ride height. Right now i have the engine/trans/tcase along with a gutted crewcab on the frame. I still need to add front sheetmetal/doors/interior/steel front bumper and whatever else.Im assuming itll sag more. What i have for springs are a factory superduty powerstroke pack which is two leaves along with the bottom four leaves from a 70s "highboy" spring pack.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts