The pics are from a digital video camera and the first one was at night but he lightened it aparently.
Drama: Fawken yeah, we had drama...broken Hydro line to the rear steer, broken front ram and bent tierod...continued on and ended up blowing up another hydro line to the rear steer (Different one this time) and killed the rear ram too...
Oh, and we also had a severely cracked tube and rear link bolt that we found just before we started day 2.
I beleive the driveline disconnect was a sucsess - it is proven as for the strength of it - 5000rpm clutch drop and a barrel roll past the gate certianly made me smile - this disconnect unit was a first proto-type running right off the t-case and it seems to be a pretty strong design- we may go to a elc. selinoid shifter? Glad to be able to help darren out on this - I'm pissed that my stickers fell off - i had to go across town and get some becuase i was out of the one's i usually use - and they suck -did not stick worth a damned- I'm glad Jeff lyon's is around to make sticky-stickers! Jess
The disconnect was a success. I wish Jes's stickers would have stayed on. the rig was dragged almost 2K miles to Cabo. Those shafts were put thru hell for (2) days. We kicked ass the first day on the lower course. the upper course we wern't so lucky. Like "Old Scout" said. (2) broken rams, (2) broken hydro lines and (2) bent tie rods. Oh well, that's rock crawling. Tracy ran an almost perfect (2) days on the toughest courses probably ever strung together in one competion.
A forum community dedicated to custom off-road vehicle owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about trail reports, builds, performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, fabrication, drivetrain, and more!