Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2+ year TJ build stretch,cage,engine,dash

I figured that I would finally post a buildup thread. Started with a rear stretch.
I cut the frame just behind the body mount under the doors and had a metal fabricator break me some 1/4" wall c-channel to fit over the frame snug. I braced the frame to keep it square before I went to cutting

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
This was my finished wb............not the correct ride height.

I eliminated the track bar and heres how the control arms lay

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
You can also noticed that I upgraded my camera too!!
Finished the stretch and here is the corners and CJ hinged tailgate

Then it was time for the cage and new PRP seats

Had the same metal fab guys build me a sheet metal box with a lid to fit the factory fuel tank

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Then we get finally finished with the seats, cage, stretch, corners fuel tank and this is what I ended up with..........but i couldn't stand it running and ready to wheel.....more to come.

Went on 3 trips

Clayton twice Nocona once

·
11,307 Posts
I like the setup, I did a similar tank move up and box, but did not go so high. Your build is coming out pretty cool! I think the front hide height is lower because of all the stickers :D Gotta balance some to the back. JK!

Good work!

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The rear is a 9" with hd tubes, 35 spline molly axles, nodular case 5.13's The front is 60/9 hybrid all molly with 35 spline. 42's/104" wb in the picture.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I can't leave out my cheap ass tube bender

I can't take any of the credit for the engineering of this lets just say it was a handed down secret.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Lets get to this year..........well after the 3 trips I took on the new rig/tires the ole 4.0 with 176,000 miles just really wasn't liking the upgrades.

Time for some displacement
LT1/4l60e

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Since I am going to put my rig down for a while might as well add some stuff to the plate.
Stretch the front 6" to get a 110" wb
full hydro and flat dash!

Move the coil buckets 6" forward

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Move the track bar behind the axle and shorten the track bar to fit

Add length to the RE control arms

I already had the fabbed in for my hydro-assist just got to make sure the 2.5"
ram fits

And add some bling

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Now for the flat dash........this was a virgin pic I have changed my mind about 20 times but you get the general idea. I pulled the stock column and just did a quick connect column straight to the steering valve. I also moved the whole dash up 3-4". Gonna be filled with Autometer guages and a 12volt guy ingition switch/winch control panel.

·
Registered
539 Posts
you're useing a 2.5 with hydro asist?? What box and pump are you using??? Won't it steer really slow with the 2.5?

·
Registered
300 Posts
yeah I'd really like to see more pics of how your dash is coming along... I have my jeep in a billion pieces right now and have kinda been tossing the idea about making a new dash for it around but not sure whether I wanna go that route or not

1 - 20 of 69 Posts