41 - 60 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
XJEric said:
Thats easy enough. Thanks for help! :beer:

How are things holding up so far?
It worked good and shifted perfect all summer. There's a small leak at the bottom plate but it goes nicely with all the other leaks that the truck has :)

Tass

·
Registered
424 Posts
It toook me a few double takes to actually figure out what you did, and how relatively simple that is, I think that is a good job and very, very do-able by any shade tree mechanic with a wire feed welder and a tape and die set. I really fricking like that.

·
Registered
424 Posts
XJEric said:
Yea, it's pretty easy. It's cool that it can be done with pretty basic tools. He's my Tass inspired 300.

Nice, and is that one of DirtyBird's doublers? That is what I'm thinking of doing, I'd prefer the 300 over the 205 for the second case. All I need to find is a Ford T18, with the a Ford NP203 and the factory tranny=t-case adapter.....

·
Registered
424 Posts
XJEric said:
That's a Stazworks doubler. His first 203-300 doubler, actually.
Where did you put the vent on the 203? On the 300, I figure I could just put a vent in in the box that would be on top.

And was wondering what did you do for a t-case mount?

Thanks.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm just going to drill and tap a hole in the 203 for a barbed fitting. Havn't gotten to the mounts yet. I'm thinking of running one off the center of the doubler and one at the back of the tranny.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Hey xjeric, if ya don't mind me asking, how much was the stazworks adapter? Also, I live realtively close to you, wanna make some money and build mine for me? I wish I had enough time... let me know, Judd

·
Registered
171 Posts
You'll have to call John to see what the price of the doubler is. Stazworks. He's a good guy to deal with. PM my with what you want build, maybe we can work something out.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Judd,
I was just going to ask the SAME thing! Are you going to call John? I have talked to him about beadlock rims, and he seems very nice.

Make sure we can bolt the 203 behind an AW-4.....

Jay

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
nice tip about the 23 spline dodge but AW4's have a 21 spline output....sorry.

·
Registered
350 Posts
YJ4Rox,
Did you use the Down East off road kit?

What kind of shifter set up did both of you use? Any issue getting the 203 to bolt up to the tranny, or is the bolt pattern right.

Last but not least, you said get a dodge 203. What application should I be looking for at the junkyard?

Thanks,
Jay

·
Registered
424 Posts
YJ4RoX said:
Staz's doubler is a great setup with the flipped 300. Mine's behind an ax15 so putting one behind a AW4 shouldnt be too hard.
How did you get that NP203 to mate to the AX15? Did you drill and tap the NP203 box? And you used an Dodge 23 spline 203?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
i did mine today, it was not very hard just took some head scratching and a few beers..

i used 5/8ths ID pipe, and 1.25" box tube.

came out sweet, but i cant use 2 of the holes because the shift rails are in the way...o well it dont leak so its cool.

thanks for the idea tass!

bracket

where i cut the housing

i tapped a hole on the bottom of the shift rail housing to hold in the ball detents.

EDIT: in the pics you can see the cover plate i made for the old shift rod holes, i didnt want to drill and tapp them, i want to be able to revert back if i want.

all done

now on the shift forks i didnt drill any holes for the set screws i just cranked down on them, do i need to drill out a place for them? i think they will hold but i am not sure.

41 - 60 of 107 Posts