Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hope i dont get to flamed but been reading up on superduty axles. I picked up a 2000 unit bearing 60 for next to nothing so im wondering what the best options were to bolt in my yj with 8 on 6.5 pattern thoughts were;

1. drilling new unit bearings for the pattern
2. drilling my bead-locks for the metric pattern
3. Swapping knuckles to 97 older 60 and eliminate the unit bearing (which im not sure if it fits all my searching has me a bit confused :shaking:
4.buy a king pin 60 and throw it in

Whats the best route for less money i can do machining fairly cheap.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
already got the 14 bolt built and installed plus have 5 bead locks already dont want to switch patterns

·
Premium Member
3,512 Posts
You can buy unit bearings drilled and ready to go, if you need to replace anyway it might be the better deal. Rotors will need to be drilled as well.

Make sure it's a 60, lots of good deals have turned out to be 50s.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
i can buy and redrill the bearings for 250 a pair looking hard at going this route but dont want to drill rotors every time i replace parts thats why im posing the question for best cost and time effective choice and def a 60 35 inners and correct ring gear size

·
Premium Member
19,786 Posts
i can buy and redrill the bearings for 250 a pair looking hard at going this route but dont want to drill rotors every time i replace parts thats why im posing the question for best cost and time effective choice and def a 60 35 inners and correct ring gear size
Such it is with custom parts.
Buy the spindertrax hubs.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found a set of 97 knuckles for cheap will these swap with different stub shafts?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts