Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently bought a 2000 Ram 2500 with a 8.0/NV4500/241HD with dana 60/80 axles, 3.55 gears and a rear limited slip. I am planning on upgrading the front steering shaft (borgeson) a aftermarket track bar (havent decided which one) a steering box brace, new axle joints, wheel bearings,& cummins springs (I have a Fisher Snow Plow). I am going to put Skyjacker 1 inch springs in the rear to ditch the block. As far as tire I am going to run 25585R16's on Stock steel wheels. I want to put a set of stainless headers on and am wondering if anyone here has installed them on the 8.0 and whether or not you liked them. I am also gutting the cats since there is no rear O2 sensors (Heavy GVW) and planning on running a good muffler. I use this truck to plow my yard and as a third vehicle/tow rig so everyday use isnt a issue. So if anyone here has done any of these mods/fixes and you had good luck with someones product let me know,I would rather buy a good product that mopar guys like as opposed to dissatisfaction and lost time and money. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
I have a 99 Auto with 3.55 gears and take off H2 wheels/Tires, it is a towing/hauling beast. I gutted the cats and put a Magnaflow cat back on my truck, along with a K&K FIPK, and a performance torque converter and shift kit really woke the truck up, it is actually tough to pull away from a stop without wheel spin. I've been eyeing a set of headers, but have not yet pulled the trigger. There is almost always listings on E-bay for Stainless headers for the V-10 Ram for ~140.00 Imports for sure, but I do NOT know about the quality. It is hard to find anyone doing anything with this motor which is a shame, as my V-10 will out pull the Cummins I had when it was stock. B&G Chrysler does have a couple of different flashes for the computer, and Fastman has a TB. If you really wnat to get after it, Paxton makes a Supercharger for it:D
IMHO the only problemwith the V10 is it sounds like a UPS truck. It gets better milage then the 360, especially when towing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts