Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone here that has put a tv/kickdown cable on a newer FI vortec engine have any pics?

i read through a ton of threads earlier today aboud running/not running one in the first place....but nothing really relating to actually installing one on a newer fuel injected engine (that i turned up in search)....

if you have any pics and or a "this is how i did it" would be greatly appreciated....

·
Premium Member
2,312 Posts
If you're running a th-350, I would not even worry about it. I have built several rigs, and never used one. There's 7-8 peolpe I know who don't use it on 350's and 400's. I just cut the cable and use it to block off the hole in the trans. All the cable does is kick it down into 2nd if you floor it, it will downshift fine without it.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's what i read...i figured it would be fine, just was wondering if anyone had done it....

i bought a lokar cable already and wanted to use it.....just didnt know how folks were attaching it, and how it was working on the newer motors...may use the cable i got just to plug the hole and route it out of the way for now....

thx.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts