Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on 3 linking my 01 z71 and i have a couple of questions(yes i Searched)

1.)How to find the Sprung Mass Center of Gravity?
2.)How long should i make the lower links (Pretty much as long as i can without bind)and then the upper is supposed to be 70% of the lowers correct?
3.)Can the lower links be perpendicular to the axle or should they be triangulated?
4.)Does any one know if a 1979 bronco coil will fit into this bucket for coils up to 5.75" wide

Any help will be gratefully appreciated
Bring On The Burn

·
Registered
707 Posts
Might want to send darketernal a pm on here or gmfullsize.com He just did a 3 link on his 01 z71 with SAW coilovers, he might be able to help you with the specifics.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
im in the middle of getting going on swapping a solid into my 07 classic,

using cage radius arms, ballistic adjustble brackets on the frame "ame as you posted" and the coils from cage since the price is right.

from my reading yes the bronco coils will sit in there nice and happy, call up Nate at ballistic and confirm.

-shawn

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2.25x.375 should be strong enough for my links right

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
im in the middle of getting going on swapping a solid into my 07 classic,

using cage radius arms, ballistic adjustble brackets on the frame "ame as you posted" and the coils from cage since the price is right.

from my reading yes the bronco coils will sit in there nice and happy, call up Nate at ballistic and confirm.

-shawn
Lets see this build man!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
that tube will be plenty strong. I didnt even use that thick - only .25 wall. The 2.25 OD should make it sufficiant.

I can get some numbers for you next week. I did my first test drive today (on the road at least) and am loving it. Im running roughly 60% anti-dive with a very flat roll axis.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are we talking about an SAS front 3 link with panhard or a wishbone style 3 link in the rear?
front 3-link with panhard

that tube will be plenty strong. I didnt even use that thick - only .25 wall. The 2.25 OD should make it sufficiant.

I can get some numbers for you next week. I did my first test drive today (on the road at least) and am loving it. Im running roughly 60% anti-dive with a very flat roll axis.

nice number would be cool so i can get an idea. also any close up pictures of the links would be great if u dont mind

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
plan is to start the tear down next weekend,

trying to find a dana 60 local in the mean time to avod using the 44, but i'll do what I gotta do .

mine is a 2wd, so using stock tranny output, spacer/adapeter twin sticked pass drop 205 and pass drop axel.

ill post pics when I start burning some metal.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got the tape measure out tonight and figured out where i think i want my links to go. Not to sure on the " Sprung Mass CG 'Z' " I know it effects the Anti-Squat but this is what i have so far, Let me Know what you guys think.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Lets see this build man!

wish my buggy tires were not bias ply..:( :)

had to run a diffent spring than in the pics, they were progressive ratew and no where near the right spring rate..more pics in a day or so when its done

I ended up getting a rebuilt drivers drop 60 so I will use a divorced 205 now for the t-case

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
Sweet:smokin:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts