Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Transmission shit the bed towing my new fif' wheel home...:(

How much does a rebuild on the bad bitches usually cost?????

·
Banned
13,206 Posts
$300 bucks mawfawker! bring it on your next trip to illy! :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
3,887 Posts
Ill give you 300$ for the truck.

I just bought a 2001 e-250 with nothing wrong other than a radiator for 400$
and today i just bought a '99 f-150 5.4 4x4 for 300$ that has a rod knock.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
$300 bucks mawfawker! bring it on your next trip to illy! :flipoff2:
im gonna smack you short dick bitches in next century:flipoff2:

So what if it was a newbie question:D only because ive spent 12K$ today......and just curious how much more of a holiday fuckin' i would be taking before i got in the holiday cheer:confused:

·
Premium Member
3,887 Posts
I just rebuilt my '97 e4od basically almost the same as a 4r100 for 1k. But I had a tripple lock converter already that just needed a refresh for 350$

·
Registered
804 Posts
1999 f250 v10 auto trans rebuild was 2700. Ended up replacing the entire trans after the rebuild due to a defect in the housing. Local shop in Indy Edwards transmissions.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You remember what the defect was?

·
Banned
13,206 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
You remember what the defect was?
Not exactly. The truck would overheat and puke fluid only when towing. Before the rebuild the cooler was replaced, then a hige stack plate cooler was added. I think the shop just cut their losses for troubleshooting time and did a complete swap. Never had another issue since.

·
Banned
13,206 Posts
Of course it wasn't a 6 speed manual....It says very clearly it was an auto in my original post.

:flipoff2:
i know, so....
whoosh!
the joke.

your head.
:flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not exactly. The truck would overheat and puke fluid only when towing. Before the rebuild the cooler was replaced, then a hige stack plate cooler was added. I think the shop just cut their losses for troubleshooting time and did a complete swap. Never had another issue since.
ironic.

Im starting to think that is what really happened. No noises or anything this morning, started it up and ran through the gears, hits every one, no leaks.

Had to of just over heated and shit some fluid....soooooooo i guess a big cooler and some gauges now....

·
Premium Member
3,887 Posts
Get a cooler from a 6.0l truck. They may be pricey but worth it.

·
Banned
13,206 Posts
might have fawkered up all the seals and shit now. my mom's old explorer did that. would run fine for a while until the trans hit a certain temp then the seals would expand and it would puke fluid all the fawk over everything. try a cooler first and see, but it still may be fubar mang.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i hate the fact you might be right...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts