1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
thhhpptthh!
46,716 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh ya for those who are too lazy to click on the link. The Chile Challenge is in Las Cruces, New Mexico and is a pretty big event. It offers wheeling from mild to wild. Do a search and you will find some cool pics. Oh the dates are February 25-28, 2004.

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
FAWK!

I asked for the wrong week off from work!

sh!tballs!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Dont know what I will be driving, but I plan to be there!

·
Hophead
77,718 Posts
Question for those who've been there, done it. I noticed in the trail descriptions that many of the trails are X miles from the fairgrounds. Is it possible to tow to the trail head or do you have to drive the rig there? Driving my Samurai on the street is getting to the "interesting" phase :)

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
Joe_W said:
Question for those who've been there, done it. I noticed in the trail descriptions that many of the trails are X miles from the fairgrounds. Is it possible to tow to the trail head or do you have to drive the rig there? Driving my Samurai on the street is getting to the "interesting" phase :)
Most of the trails have a place to park at the trail head. It is a bitch to drive from the fairgrounds when it is cold as hell!

Just clear it with your trail lead...he will probably send you out early so you can be ready when they roll through.

·
Registered
241 Posts
The extreme trails leave earlier in the morning, so those with trailers can goto the trail head(air down) then the hard trails leave, and so on. Once you know where the airdown/trailer parking area is, then you can just go there, meeting up with your trail leader there(not telling what to do) Most vehicle are driven to the trails. I go as fast as the slowest vehicle.
The roads used have about 45 mph top speed. The moderate and easy trails might use the highways(65 mph), with mostly stock vehicles. The trail leaders should help you out and take the best routes. Its kind of like MOAB, you go from one side of town to the other, no big deal. Some people just like to trailer:rolleyes: !
Scout Dork

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Joe_W said:
You should be OK driving it to the trailhead. I have seen some vehicles drive from the fair grounds that I would be scared to go over 20mph in and they were ok.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
So any one else going?

:confused:

I'll be there Tuesday night....

-David

·
thhhpptthh!
46,716 Posts
Davidtacoma said:
So any one else going?

:confused:

I'll be there Tuesday night....

-David
I'm out.

To much $$$ for my blood..
Think we are planning on hittin it up for april fools weekend instead. I'll let ya know when we get a plan set in stone.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
sceep said:

I'm out.

To much $$$ for my blood..
Think we are planning on hittin it up for april fools weekend instead. I'll let ya know when we get a plan set in stone.
April fools weekend is my B-day... the 2nd actaully and it'll be time for another cruces run :D so i'm down

-David

·
thhhpptthh!
46,716 Posts
Davidtacoma said:

April fools weekend is my B-day... the 2nd actaully and it'll be time for another cruces run :D so i'm down

-David
awesome...sounds like a damn fine excuse for a cruces birthday bash.. :D

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Davidtacoma said:

-David
I thought you were going to Moab with me.

Matt

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
mattb19 said:

I thought you were going to Moab with me.

Matt
Is that that week?

well shoot Moab is it then hehe
-David

1 - 16 of 16 Posts