Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all i have lurked here off and on for years, never really posted anything (i can remeber anyway). I would like to say that the people here, are, for the most part great! And the tech is top notch. I am making this thread to show anyone interested in seeing my build, maybe answering any questions, and seeing other 04+ 150s with a real axle up front.

Anyway thanks all, pics to come!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
go post in some other ford threads and come back :flipoff2:

·
Safety third!
11,375 Posts
What is it, 10 now to post?

Hell, just post a few times here and come back and fill them with pics later.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had 2.5" leveling kit and 35"s wheled that but stock, old IFS sucks hard :( hubs and TREs constantly. Then i smoked the slushbox. 320,000 kms will do it.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Where are you located? A few months ago there was one for sale that had a cummins swap /D60 SAS. I think it was in the Peterborough, ON area.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So the truck got parked so i could slap a "new" trans in. Long story short that"new" trans didnt last long. So got parked again for a proper new transmission.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just realized i forgot to mention that about 2 years prior i already swapped in a sterling 10.5 from an 03 f350.

·
Safety third!
11,375 Posts
Just realized i forgot to mention that about 2 years prior i already swapped in a sterling 10.5 from an 03 f350.
Good move. One of the most overlooked axles in the 4x4 world but absolute gold for those in the know. Locker selection is the biggest downfall. All gonna cost money.

But, they are extremely stout, and have the best ground clearance of any of the big 3 axle selections. There's a reason they don't sell aftermarket shafts for them, and it isn't popularity.

You're at 10 btw.

·
Premium Member
2,791 Posts
So since this is a 04' which of the two body styles they made in 04' is it??

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea i can attest to the beef levels of the super duty axles! In my area i can barly find 05+ stuff in the junkyard anymore..
But its not the "heritage" model it would be concidered the new bodystyle. Front axle is a D60 from an 06 f250. Odd boltpatten, but matching :)

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Avoid photobucket. They F'd the internet recently. Ad ridden, site is slow, no hot linking unless you wanna pay big bucks.

·
Safety third!
11,375 Posts
Avoid photobucket. They F'd the internet recently. Ad ridden, site is slow, no hot linking unless you wanna pay big bucks.
Buying a red star on Pirate is still $5 cheaper than paying for a year of ad free Photobucket.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts