41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Safety third!
11,375 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Hahaha, its more of an unofficial nickname i call him. Hes my best bud lol he can deal. Haha and no plumers here, he is a professional welder. Also more pics....
Stock f150 IFS strut buckets, somehow fit stock f250 5.4L coils & isolators. With great height. Front sits roughly ~3.5" of lift. Had 2.5 level before, only slighly higher then that. ?
Obviusly lots of small stuff to add,plate,strenghten,tie-together.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Any chance of ABS working? What about VSS in the rear axle? Just curious how well electronic junk plays amongst Ford's of similar eras.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Obligitory weld shotzz... sadly not mine, but courtesy of my good friend poo man.
Poo man because his welds look like shit?

You don't just run a straight line with mig, there is almost no penetration. He needs to do circles or c's.

Edit: professional? On what? Mufflers?
Not trying to ballswing, but, i bet his welds are better then yours... he is red seal welder in alberta, been working years in structural welding... not mufflers. Thank you for your contibution. Move along.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
The rear axle speed sensor plugged right in, truck was all happy with the rear swap.
I have the ABS fuse pulled and was not really planning on dealing with the fron sensors. But i will let you know if it hooks up or not.

·
Registered
12,268 Posts
Not trying to ballswing, but, i bet his welds are better then yours... he is red seal welder in alberta, been working years in structural welding... not mufflers. Thank you for your contibution. Move along.
For one, I never claimed to be any kind of great welder, but I can damn sure lay a better mig bead than that.

Two, that's not the point, those are shit for mig. Maybe he can lay bad ass Flux or stick, but those are shit. Try posting them in general chit-chat and see what the concensus is if you don't believe me.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
The rear axle speed sensor plugged right in, truck was all happy with the rear swap.
I have the ABS fuse pulled and was not really planning on dealing with the fron sensors. But i will let you know if it hooks up or not.
That's cool. Somehow the rear is less surprising to me. I'd be a little surprised if the front plays as nice but curious to hear.

·
Premium Member
17,857 Posts
Is the radius arm 1.5" sq tubing? What wall? Any issue with bending? Approximately how long are they?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
The radius arms are made from 2" hss .250 wall. I cannot speak to their strength as of yet, but i will post any issues that may arise.. im not too concerned though, they are not light haha. And, eye to eye the lowers are 40". So the "tube" itself is a bit shorter then that.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Obligitory weld shotzz... sadly not mine, but courtesy of my good friend poo man.
Poo man because his welds look like shit?

You don't just run a straight line with mig, there is almost no penetration. He needs to do circles or c's.

Edit: professional? On what? Mufflers?
When hamered in i left just over a 1/16th brtween full contact, a chicken s*** weld would get 100% penetration.. i am confident it is more then strong enough.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Lol you can say, or type as it were, the word shit. All other cuss words are ok as well, with about 2 exceptions haha.

·
Premium Member
17,857 Posts
The radius arms are made from 2" hss .250 wall. I cannot speak to their strength as of yet, but i will post any issues that may arise.. im not too concerned though, they are not light haha. And, eye to eye the lowers are 40". So the "tube" itself is a bit shorter then that.
Did you choose 40" for any reason?

·
Registered
2,086 Posts

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
looks like these things are begging for this mod.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Haha shit! Good to know! And yea, idk what that dudes problem is. Not beautiful but plenty strong. Some of his welds must have craked....
Also iv always read that you want to keep control arms as long and horizontal as possible. Especially for radius arms. And ~40" put the frame brackets right under/behind the trans crossmember. Most things kinda just had to go where i could fit them

41 - 60 of 88 Posts