Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I havent tied the buckets together yet. Though that is something on the list.. would like all the buckets & upper shock mounts tied together with some sort of over engine x-member. Though there is a crossmember i put in between the framerails, that restores some frame rigidity.

·
Registered
12,268 Posts
Haha shit! Good to know! And yea, idk what that dudes problem is. Not beautiful but plenty strong. Some of his welds must have craked....
Also iv always read that you want to keep control arms as long and horizontal as possible. Especially for radius arms. And ~40" put the frame brackets right under/behind the trans crossmember. Most things kinda just had to go where i could fit them
Take it however you want, the welds are garbage, they are not strong, you have no clue what you are talking about. The fact that you are so confident in them is funny.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Lol dude, the fack that YOU think they are shit is funny. Stop being so butthurt and move along, you are unwanted. I dont care what 1 person on the internet thinks, stop pushing your " ideas" as fact. MIG is not TIG, no stack of dimes here.. plus, you were not present for the weld, you have no idea on, position, technique, welder used, wire size. Fu** off. You are not ading to the tech on this page. MOVE ALONG PLEB.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
I've got a little tech again, you can say fuck as well. The only thing that is frowned upon here, and WILL get you banned are racial slurs.
My whole truck was welded with a lincoln 135 plus lol. It's a 110 volt machine, and i did my beadlocks too, no dead nuns as of yet...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Fucin right ! Lol at the dead nuns :)
Good to know. Everything welded on this was a miller 220v mig machine. .035 wire

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Out of curiosity, did you have any troubles with said welder? Like needing to pre heat, or striking an arc or anything like that?

·
Registered
12,268 Posts
I'm not butt hurt, just pointing out the obvious, you seemed to be getting worked up though :laughing:. You posted on a public forum, if can't handle some criticism, then you might want to try Facebook.

You seriously have no clue about welding, you still need to run a pattern with mig, pretty common knowledge.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Out of curiosity, did you have any troubles with said welder? Like needing to pre heat, or striking an arc or anything like that?
No pre heat, ever, but it would help with thicker metal. Striking an arc hasn't been an issue unless my ground is bad, or I'm trying to weld on dirty metal. The only trouble I've had with it is the liner came undone at the curve before the handle itself. Since i run. .035 Flux core, i don't need argon, so i pulled the liner out from the handle back to just before the curve, and no issues since, but i do need to reline it, and will once i get a new mig. Thinking of going with a larger machine and plasma cutter if i can find a decent buy both for a percentage off deal.

·
Safety third!
11,375 Posts
You seriously have no clue about welding, you still need to run a pattern with mig, pretty common knowledge.
You run a pattern on sheet metal and with spray transfer? :flipoff2:

A good hot pass can be done with no weave. It really depends on the welder, the machine, the position, etc. No one size fits all rule here, but I agree with you here, dude should have tied that in a lot better.

·
Registered
12,268 Posts
You run a pattern on sheet metal and with spray transfer? :flipoff2:

A good hot pass can be done with no weave. It really depends on the welder, the machine, the position, etc. No one size fits all rule here, but I agree with you here, dude should have tied that in a lot better.
OK, you got me there.

I used to work in a shop with 20+ mig welders, I did some time as a welder, but I don't claim to be a "professional" not one of those guys would weld anything over 14g in a straight line.

I also built my whole rig with a 120v mig, with argon, including chopping and rebuilding front and rear frame ends.

Not that any of it matters, OP doesn't want to listen to anyone.

Welcome to pirate cocksucker :flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
OK, you got me there.

I used to work in a shop with 20+ mig welders, I did some time as a welder, but I don't claim to be a "professional" not one of those guys would weld anything over 14g in a straight line.

I also built my whole rig with a 120v mig, with argon, including chopping and rebuilding front and rear frame ends.

Not that any of it matters, OP doesn't want to listen to anyone.

Welcome to pirate cocksucker :flipoff2:
OK, we are not too different in the respect of our rigs. I have to admit, i weaved all my welds together. Lately I've been doing circles, i think they're better, both looking and penatrating.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Lol truly not worked up, just find it funny you seem to care so much... at this point im enjoying wasting your time. I thank all for their input. I respect anyone who doesnt start a post with. Urr weldZz looc liek shit hahalololzz. Anywayyy...
Good news for all. The truck never liked not having the front abs wired hooked up. Already knew this, but was an issue. It would go into limp mode once you went above 80kmh. This is the code that pops up.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
But so far, all abs sensors are, as i can tell the same. Rear axle is happy, and now, pass side front hub has an f250 abs wire, and driver has an f150 abs sensor bolted to the hub. All plugs are the same. Also tone rings must be identical, because i have had the truck up past 120kmh this weekend. No issues or codes as of now.

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
Today at work we had an '04 crew cab that they decided to pull the plates on because the cats are bad and they don't want to fix it. It has 165,000 miles on it and they just put a rebuilt motor in it 1,500 miles ago. $400 later, I will be driving that sucker home tonight. They put brand new 33" Toyo's on it when they did the motor, so those will offset my cost of the truck when I strip it down and go to one tons and link it. Good to hear about these axles working out so well... Seems like an easy swap, especially if the ABS is happy!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Wow! That is a killer deal! Especially with the new motor, which one? 4.6 or 5.4? Gut the cats and get that thing going! I am happy to update that everything is happy and its driving great! Still have abs fuses pulled, but no codes or faults. Snow happened up here so needed 4x4... got the factory front 150 driveshaft lengthend & got a 1330 to 1350 conversion u joint put in. Been daily driving it for about 3 weeks now. Four wheel has been in the last week.

61 - 80 of 88 Posts