Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 2004 Land Rover SE7 that appears to be in good shape nice interior blahblahblah, dude said it sat for a month and then wouldnt start, had opinions from head gasket to starter as the cause, doesnt sound very mechanical and wants out asking $1500.

Im pretty mechanical but no rover experience, heard head gaskets were common soooooooo assuming I can do most or all of the work and worst case its a head gasket whats a ballpark cost to repair and/or what else is a common ailment for these things? Or do I just run screaming?
Thanks for any info

·
Registered
84 Posts
5-700 for DIY hg, with machine shop fees. $500 and some change, I spent on my last head gasket job.
I'd figure out the issue first. Could be any number of better or worse issues. Check the 3 and go from there. If you can't determine issue... Run

·
Registered
370 Posts
fuel and fire. check for both.

ckps is probably a culprit here.
could be a weak battery.
Headgaskets are common because people don't know where the hood release is, nor what the gauges on the dash do.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have always liked rovers, my grandmother had a series when I was a kid but it was long gone before I could drive, if the guy ever gets back to me ill check it out
thanks again

·
Registered
370 Posts
Comparing a series to a D2 is like comparing the Model T to a new superduty.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry, thats not what I was trying to do, just saying ive always liked them but never had one, this would be for my wife to drive so its probably a bad choice but again, something about them keeps me looking despite the stories of mechanical issues

1 - 8 of 8 Posts