Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new 2005 3500 Dually and would like to hook up my trailer brake control. The manual says that there is a 4 pine plug under the dash, but I can't seem to find it. Can someone give me a location as to where abouts this plug is and maybe the color of the plug? I found one that had 6 pins with 5 of them having connecting pins and it was blue.....

Help?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the pic!!!!!!!!

Now, I have the trailer pkg with the 7 pin plug in the bumper... but that plug is not there.....

:(

·
Non-Lemming
78,528 Posts
Shawn said:

Now, I have the trailer pkg with the 7 pin plug in the bumper... but that plug is not there.....

Really ???? I have both the 7 pin and the flat 4 pin connectors at the rear of my '03 3500.

·
Premium Member
25,817 Posts
Shawn said:

That's where mine was on my 01. But on my 03 it was zip tied up under the dash on the right (passenger) side of the gas pedal. Might keep looking. It was WAY up there.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I just called and spoke with a few people at the dealer. Come to find out that the small blue connector I was looking at was for the trailer brakes. However, they failed to give me the pigtail that goes from that connection. I will pick it up tonight and be is good shape.

Thanks for the help!!

Shawn

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Shawn said:
Well I just called and spoke with a few people at the dealer. Come to find out that the small blue connector I was looking at was for the trailer brakes. However, they failed to give me the pigtail that goes from that connection. I will pick it up tonight and be is good shape.

Thanks for the help!!

Shawn
If you get a prodigy controler get their pigtail with conectors to plug in without having to splice the wires.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
70~K5 said:
If you get a prodigy controler get their pigtail with conectors to plug in without having to splice the wires.
I have the Prodigy, are you saying that Prodigy makes this pig tail? I'll check out their web site.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Shawn said:
I have the Prodigy, are you saying that Prodigy makes this pig tail? I'll check out their web site.
yes they do.. its a very simple plug and play

·
Non-Lemming
78,528 Posts
drnut said:
yes they do.. its a very simple plug and play

Yup. I bought the pigtail at the same time as my prodigy. Took me all of 15 minutes to hook it up.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Shawn said:
Like others have pointed out. With Prodigy's pigtail it's plug and play. Save the factory one to give to the next owner when you sell the truck.

·
Registered
17,628 Posts
agreed, save the factory one.. .. Im just going to hit up camping world when it comes time to hook up the brake controller.. but since I don't have my trailer done yet, and I flat tow the jeep now, I don't need the brake controller yet.. so it sits.. in my truck... in the "gun compartment" under the seat..
Scott

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I used my factory pigtail and spliced it for my Prodigy... But like others said, if you can get one for a few bux - definately get the Prodigy-Dodge cable and save yourself the work.

I found my goodies in the rear storage compartment under the fold-flat floor. Pigtail and front license plate holders were all in there.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the replies, I went down and got the pig tail. Any chance you guys wana post some pics of where you mounted your prodigy?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,289 Posts

Can't put it on the far left, the emergency brake hits it, can't move it over a little because it's in the way to clutch.

Wow, looking at that picture, I forgot how clean my truck was 2 years ago.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the help guys, it is hooked up and read to go. That was easy!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts