Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,512 Posts
I want to put a f350 straight axle in front of my 05 f150. What would i do about abs?
Situps, crunches seem to help abs the most:flipoff2:

Super duty axles have the abs sensors in them, if you can deal with unit bearings and the metric pattern.

Brewchief:D

A search will turn up plenty of info as this has been covered before.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Situps, crunches seem to help abs the most:flipoff2:

Super duty axles have the abs sensors in them, if you can deal with unit bearings and the metric pattern.

Brewchief:D

A search will turn up plenty of info as this has been covered before.
x2. super doobie axles are the best way to go if you want to keep all the factory sensors working.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Searching is the way to go, wasn't there a thread on this 2 days ago???

Search Bigreen's user name, and then contact him.:shaking:
I have searched this site and many others and I have yet to find a definitive answer. If you could find a post somewhere on the entire internet that shows a 2004+ F150 with Superduty axles swapped in and all of the sensors work, please provide a link. It's easy to tell someone to go search and you appear as if you know what in the fuck you are talking about, but it is obvious you have no constructive input or first hand knowledge about this subject:shaking:.

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I have searched this site and many others and I have yet to find a definitive answer. If you could find a post somewhere on the entire internet that shows a 2004+ F150 with Superduty axles swapped in and all of the sensors work, please provide a link. It's easy to tell someone to go search and you appear as if you know what in the fuck you are talking about, but it is obvious you have no constructive input or first hand knowledge about this subject:shaking:.

aww, my feelings are hurt.... good way to get help you fuckin douche, have you talked to Jessee yet? If not fuck off, you don't deserve the help, no one here is going to spoon feed you the information. It's already been said that the superduty axles have the sensors on them, find a way to hang the fucking axles, fix your steering, and plug the sensors in. Then make it a point to never drive around me because if you can't figure that out by yourself and are planning on doing the swap, your truck is going to be a rolling death-trap....

·
Premium Member
3,512 Posts
The last time this came up I spent 20 minutes on google and was able to find the pulses per mile for about anything out there, I think I found some info on a companys site that makes aftermarket cruise controls or taxicab meters, something like that, the info is out there. You could even take and count the tone ring teeth on both hubs, I'm not doing the swap so I'm not doing your homework.

·
Registered
52 Posts
aww, my feelings are hurt.... good way to get help you fuckin douche, have you talked to Jessee yet? If not fuck off, you don't deserve the help, no one here is going to spoon feed you the information. It's already been said that the superduty axles have the sensors on them, find a way to hang the fucking axles, fix your steering, and plug the sensors in. Then make it a point to never drive around me because if you can't figure that out by yourself and are planning on doing the swap, your truck is going to be a rolling death-trap....

I'm not looking for help you fucking clown, I was posting on behalf of the original poster. I have done my research and I think that newer Superduty axles will work, even though nobody has posted any proof that they will. I am willing to take the chance and figure this out. You still have no fucking clue what you are talking about and your useless posts prove this. My friend has a 2004 F250 and his "plugs" are different than my 2004 F150 "plugs" so I can't just find a way to "plug the sensors in" you fucking moron. I will have no problem hanging anything under my truck as I am a very skilled welder and fabricator. When I look at most of the welds and fab work on this site it makes me cringe because I know I can do much better than that. When my tires wear out and I am ready to swap axles I will make whatever axle I choose to use work. I come to this site to find info but all I ever find is a bunch of know nothing, know it all, fuck faces :shaking:.

Anyone who has said to search, or will say to search, please provide me with a link of a 2004+F150 with swapped in Superduty axles and no computer problems. I have searched everything I know of and I have found nothing. Like I said I think they will work but I have yet to see proof!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm not looking for help you fucking clown, I was posting on behalf of the original poster. I have done my research and I think that newer Superduty axles will work, even though nobody has posted any proof that they will. I am willing to take the chance and figure this out. You still have no fucking clue what you are talking about and your useless posts prove this. My friend has a 2004 F250 and his "plugs" are different than my 2004 F150 "plugs" so I can't just find a way to "plug the sensors in" you fucking moron. I will have no problem hanging anything under my truck as I am a very skilled welder and fabricator. When I look at most of the welds and fab work on this site it makes me cringe because I know I can do much better than that. When my tires wear out and I am ready to swap axles I will make whatever axle I choose to use work. I come to this site to find info but all I ever find is a bunch of know nothing, know it all, fuck faces :shaking:.

Anyone who has said to search, or will say to search, please provide me with a link of a 2004+F150 with swapped in Superduty axles and no computer problems. I have searched everything I know of and I have found nothing. Like I said I think they will work but I have yet to see proof!!

Apparently you didn't search hard enough
http://www.f150online.com/forums/2004-2008-f-150/271709-btf-built-2004-ford-sas-swap.html

So why don't you just call up BTF and ask them what they did. As long as you aren't being an ass-hat then they may give you an answer.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts

Well forgive me, I didn't realize I was dealing with the God of metallurgy. Please excuse my ignorance on your vast bad-ass-ness, but when someone asks a dumb question with answers readily available, I just assume they haven't searched. I'll send Hef over to give you an apology Blowjob later.

Did you count the grooves on the ABS rings? That'd be a heck of a start. A link to a site that has the info, someone has told you how to find the info in "20 minuets", and I told you someone to contact if you would rather pay for the info rather than doing the research yourself.

You have a buddy with a superduty axle, and you have a 150. You have everything needed to figure everything out. It might take more than the 5 minuets to just compare the plugs between the two, but it's all there

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
I talked to Gaither yesterday and he said they had to get a Custom ECM or PCM burnt and hopefully that will solve the problems.
We made a custom ring for the vehicle speed sensor to read from. It was in the stock axle... now it is mounted to the rear output on the transfer case.

-Dan

Again call up Dan and see what they did to finalize it. It may be even easier since you want to use SD axles.

Also I notice how you criticize peoples welding abilities here. Let's see some pictures of your work?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Again call up Dan and see what they did to finalize it. It may be even easier since you want to use SD axles.

Also I notice how you criticize peoples welding abilities here. Let's see some pictures of your work?

I don't have any pictures of my work, so feel free to flame away as I should have realized someone would ask me to back up what I post. When I SAS my F150 i will revive this thread and gain some respect. Until then, flame away.

·
Banned
1,836 Posts
Post some pics or shut your fawking mouth.

You seem like a knowledgeable guy, but coming on here jacking your jaw about how our welding sucks and how yours is so fawking great wont earn you shit.

There are a few really good fabricators on pirate, big fawking deal...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts