Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
starting new truck build im new to pirate4x4 so i thought id build a thread while building my new trail truck. i live in north pole AK and there aint much to do in the winter cept get ready for summer so here it is. 1977 ford supercab (extended cab) goin up on 1 tons, 44s, hydro steering, 505 ci stroker, c6 auto trans, 203/205 doubler, 488 gears, kryo shafts, thick spool in the rear 14 bolt chevy axle, 488 gears and open dana 60 high pinion ford front, 6 in leafs in front and 14 in coilovers in the rear, front will get coils next winter. ive got alot done so far im trying to figure out how to upload pics im not computer illiterate but i cant figure it out my budy ffdustyw has a badass build thread on here in the dodge section. he's been postin some pics of my build scince i havnt started one myself. he's been helping me when he can and has been great inspiration mostly just daring me to try and do trick stuff on the rig but im easy so he doesn't have to try very hard. been working night and day on it and have made some big progress i shortened front clip 2 inches to help with visibility and took 4 inches out of dash wich also lowered dash 2 inches it looks factory! fenders got cut to shit but look good front axle got pushed forward 6 inches and floor got cut out for boat sides so all in all there aint much left of the old girl but it will live again. i seen on dustys post that sombody comented on my pics ad said to start a thread in the ford section so here it is pics will follow soon. thanks

·
Banned
13,206 Posts
looks pretty slick. photobucket is the quickest way to show pics on here besides buying a red or blue star and being able to attach pics straight from your computer.

Pete sent me some good pictures. He also cut the fenders which will be lined with tube and fully welded in.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Looks good so far. Keep the pics coming. People here seem to like that :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sweet truck!! i seen the few pics in the dodge section and was interested!! Looks good soo far!!

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
I am glad to see Pete starting a thread. He has been a lurker on here for a long time and it is time he display some of his skills. He has some great ideas and can make it look clean. I am happy to know another person here in Fairbanks with the same kind of passion for this sport as I do. Next Summers wheeling is going to be incredible with some new territory discovered. The best wheeling spots aren't gone to repeatedly they are found for the first time.
:flipoff2:

I am sure Pete will post up some pictures of some of his old rigs. He builds a rig about every 3-5 yrs it seems. I finally talked him into going full in and putting some detail into his ride. I am sure Pete has a TTC quality rig in him.
This is one of his old rigs after flopping it at a mud drag.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Im sure I'm the only one thinking this but... That hood makes a pretty wicked looking visor

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hood visor

i thaught i could cut out the roof and leave the hood and weld the latch above the windshild have a pop up sunroof or escape hatch.

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
i thaught i could cut out the roof and leave the hood and weld the latch above the windshild have a pop up sunroof or escape hatch.
NOOOOOOOOOO! LOL!
Went over to Pete's last night to give him a hand. He has been scoring a ton of freebies. I could have saved about $3000 on my build if I was scoring some of the stuff he is.
Anyway we started in on the rear half of the truck. He is getting ready to start spending some money on bling parts here soon. So far he only has about $500 in steel into this build. Everything he has pirated from his other builds.
Yesterday we spent most of the time brainstorming ideas for the rear. He also told me he scored a JD2 bender from a friend. All he needs to do is buy a Die. I am looking forward to some cool tube work on this. I have been lurking on the Ford section for a while and stolen some pictures over the years for ideas. Turn them into Dodge ideas.:flipoff2:

·
Horsepower Junkie
798 Posts
I like that thing. Don't make us wait too long inbetween updates.

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
I like that thing. Don't make us wait too long inbetween updates.
This truck will start moving, Its a money thing. It will be running soon.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks everybody!

thanks for the compliments it takes hours of brainstorming and tons of cash wich im sure you all know. even when coming up with a simple design or decision on wich way to take your build ive built alot for other people and make there dreams come true but when i do my own stuff i put alot of time in design but am limited by cost, parts and tooling but it all takes time and the tools will come maybe by the time my offspring is ready to take over ill have one hell of a mess and some cool tools for them hahaha thanks again folks ill try to get some more pics up for ya.

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
Figured I post the pictures you sent me.
Pete's been tying the rear together with the stock frame. seeing that this point will be under alot of stress He is putting alot of support into this area.

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
Pete sends me his pictures to post because he is not computer competent. He had a welder buddy that owed him a favor and started welding up all of his work thus far. I was over there this afternoon and it is really looking stout.

·
Premium Member
3,976 Posts
fuck yea monster truck style! Alaska wheeling looks awesome from your pics dusty

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
fuck yea monster truck style! Alaska wheeling looks awesome from your pics dusty
It is awesome. There are still places that are epic to beyond epic that aren't all hyped out. Going rouge was the best thing I ever did. Seems like they have more freedom in Russia when it comes to wheeling. Whats up with that? I thought America was home of the free? Imagine if they made hiking and biking parks for Greenies in this country. They could go hike and bike all the same trails over and over.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts