Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
12,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got what I believe is our first real snow, supposed to rain here all week, hopefully it will be snowing in the hills :D

Just happened to park right next to this, kinda cool. I'm guessing coyote because I think I can see claws, but I'm no tracker :laughing:

How's everyone else's white stuff stacking up?

·
Registered
12,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, close to lots Lake T. Which is about 6700' Iirc and pretty much the highest point you can drive to in the high lakes area.

·
Registered
12,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought I saw claws, which is why I said coyote. Now that you guys say that, I would think the claws would be more prominent.

·
Registered
738 Posts
yeh it was raining at a little over 7000ft (near la porte/quincy) area last weekend but this next storm is supposed to snow a decent amount and at a lower elevation.....so i guess i'll keep my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
12,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep, ran up yesterday evening. Time for an Oregon road trip! I'm getting jealous of Tydes' pics on facebook.
Almost every year I can remember it's funky in the beginning of December. I always try to make a trip for my birthday (the 2nd) and have been rained out quite a few times, but also had one trip where the entire highlakes was 6" of ice!

·
Registered
12,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anybody know the snow level from this storm in northern ca? How you boys in magalia doing? Any flooding?
The water would have to get waaaaaay deep to flood me :flipoff2:

We got 7" I guess, no problems though. I work in Chico, and it wasn't too bad there either. Seems like the bad part of the storm skirted us, we got almost no wind. I'm going to head to the mountains today to check out the white stuff, or lack of.

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
The water would have to get waaaaaay deep to flood me :flipoff2:

We got 7" I guess, no problems though. I work in Chico, and it wasn't too bad there either. Seems like the bad part of the storm skirted us, we got almost no wind. I'm going to head to the mountains today to check out the white stuff, or lack of.
Chico saw about 7" of rain, so we likely got over a foot. Reports are inches in Inskip, 10" @ bottle hill, and someone said waist deep at philbrook..... but i'm skeptical of that one.

·
Registered
12,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Chico saw about 7" of rain, so we likely got over a foot. Reports are inches in Inskip, 10" @ bottle hill, and someone said waist deep at philbrook..... but i'm skeptical of that one.
Snow reports are like dick sizes, everyone exaggerates at least a little. :flipoff2:

Here is a good source for weather cams mostly in nor cal. Scroll down on the left side.

http://magaliaweather.com/

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
We got totally skunked on any snow on the eastern side. Was planning a snow run tomorrow and had to cancel due to there only being a inch or two over Donner (at least that's what it looks like on the Cal-Trans Camera).

Bummed. I was really looking forward to a good snow run. Going to have to wait for the next "storm of the century" I suppose. :shaking:

Jack

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
We got totally skunked on any snow on the eastern side. Was planning a snow run tomorrow and had to cancel due to there only being a inch or two over Donner (at least that's what it looks like on the Cal-Trans Camera).

Bummed. I was really looking forward to a good snow run. Going to have to wait for the next "storm of the century" I suppose. :shaking:

Jack
With 147 mph winds at Mt Lincoln, it probably all blew away :flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 94 Posts