Pirate 4x4 banner
221 - 240 of 299 Posts
I could be off base here, but I thought I remembered reading somewhere (elsewhere) that it was a King design that King decided not to bring to market, and then sold off?

To the OP: Yes, I'm one of the biggest FOA detractors here, based on my (miserable) experience with them. But that's with their older offerings, not their current ones. I'm genuinely curious about what you will find and expect that given your background, you will give us an honest technical assessment. Please share.
That's all I was trying to say and I will give my honest assessment.

That's all I was trying to say and I will give my honest assessment.
yet you went on to bicker with a bunch of long time experienced and well versed members of this forum as if you know better than they do, youre a noob with shit experience come back when you actually have the shocks in your hands and have something useful to add. were not interested in hearing about you stroking yourself off when you havnt even received any shocks yet, let alone any miles of use on them.

From one of their posts on FB.......

The look of those threads should horrify you!
They have never read the O-ring handbook. You never double O-ring like that. Idiots.

Just saying, expect to do more than just deburring and cleaning. My IFP was so undersized the Teflon wear ring didn't do anything, and to det the depth I had to use a hammer because the piston would wobble.

And this was a set of brand new "updated" resis to replace the shitty leaky ones.

Can't say we didn't warn you.

And for the "copy of kings" I call bullshit. I've had my kings apart and they're not anywhere close to being the same.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

I have a pair of the newer(black caps) 16" travel FOA 2.0 coilovers sitting in my shop right now. They came on a rig I bought to part out. I sold everything off the rig except for the shocks. The resi's and hoses were leaking when I got them, and their FOA's so I decided to not sell them to anybody and avoid a potential headache. Even selling those piles for $100 I'd feel like I fucked somebody. Lol

I have a pair of the newer(black caps) 16" travel FOA 2.0 coilovers sitting in my shop right now. They came on a rig I bought to part out. I sold everything off the rig except for the shocks. The resi's and hoses were leaking when I got them, and their FOA's so I decided to not sell them to anybody and avoid a potential headache. Even selling those piles for $100 I'd feel like I fucked somebody. Lol
I just wanna open them up and see what they did :laughing:

I just wanna open them up and see what they did :laughing:
I've thought about doing that also. Just couldn't bring myself to spend any time on them knowing they were going to be all hacked up inside and useless like the first pair I bought years ago.

Maybe this weekend when I get back from my work trip I'll pull them off the floor, disassemble one and take lots of pictures to post up here. I'm sure it will be amusing. :laughing:

I've thought about doing that also. Just couldn't bring myself to spend any time on them knowing they were going to be all hacked up inside and useless like the first pair I bought years ago.

Maybe this weekend when I get back from my work trip I'll pull them off the floor, disassemble one and take lots of pictures to post up here. I'm sure it will be amusing. :laughing:
If you decide it’s too much work, I will pay you shipping for them. And I will post a review. :homer:

(I am spending money on stupid shit because of corona)

If you decide it’s too much work, I will pay you shipping for them. And I will post a review. :homer:

(I am spending money on stupid shit because of corona)
If these go to Frank, let me know and I'll come give you a hand, I've had tons of FOA's apart to fix them, but I'd like to learn more theory.

Filthy Motorsports had them in Shock Shootout

https://www.crawlpedia.com/foa_review.htm
I read the first couple, they sounded like they were written by marketing dept of the shock being reviewed. I should probably Re-read them at some point.

Currently I’m not working for any shock companies this week so it would be fun to tear one apart. I have no bias.

yet you went on to bicker with a bunch of long time experienced and well versed members of this forum as if you know better than they do, youre a noob with shit experience come back when you actually have the shocks in your hands and have something useful to add. were not interested in hearing about you stroking yourself off when you havnt even received any shocks yet, let alone any miles of use on them.
I'll be sure to check with you before I post again. Your reading comprehension needs work. When did I claim to "know better than they do"?

I'll be sure to check with you before I post again. Your reading comprehension needs work. When did I claim to "know better than they do"?
You came back to post this but have no comment about the picture I posted from their own FB page?

Thoughts on that picture I posted?

You think those threads are good to go?

How about the O ring placement like Frank mentioned?

You came back to post this but have no comment about the picture I posted from their own FB page?

Thoughts on that picture I posted?

You think those threads are good to go?

How about the O ring placement like Frank mentioned?
he proved my point, he just wants to bicker and doesnt have shit to offer. maybe after he gets his shocks and actually gets some experience he will have something to offer, probably not though :laughing:

221 - 240 of 299 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.