Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after talking with a lot of the people who made this happen we cam up with a list. These folks work with Dave and others to make sure KOH is an awesome experience. I would like to thank all the people who worked the gates and stands and merchandise booths and food stands for their hard work and dedication. It was cold and windy. Tom was awesome and got us all fired up on saturday. We came up with a few ideas and thoughts of ways to make more money for KOH and "SAVE THE HAMMERS" fund.

1. A 2008 course map poster

2. A photo with ALL the drivers in their name brand suits (like nascar does)

3. A big overhead shot of HAMMERTOWN in poster form

4. More female and ladies apperal ( tank tops, shirts, booty shorts, panties, whatever hats with hole in back for their hair)

5. Feel free to add any ideas to this post to help those in charge of design and production have ideas for 2014

Over all it was an Awesome time and I was stunned by how many people and vehicles were out on the lakebed. It looked like a city at night and during the day. Campfires music friends and loved ones all there for our sport. What a beautiful site. I wish there was a way to get a real count of how many people and vehicles were in attendance. Ok well only 360 more days till KOH 2014:grinpimp:

·
Wet Trail Wheeler
1,404 Posts
A vendor should sell big fuzzy blankets with the King of the Hammers logo, black with white or silver logo. I searched for something to buy my wife who stayed home but she doesn't wear tees or tanks. She does like fuzzy blankets for travel in the car or snugging up on the couch.

With the wind at Hammertown these would sell, folks (ladies) watching the jumbotron needed something to wrap up in to cut the wind.

·
Wet Trail Wheeler
1,404 Posts
how about a premium parking area for single vehicles rented for the duration inside the fence where spectators could park their ride while walking through the pits and vendor areas. This could be set up like the tent area but say along one or two fences on the inside of hammertown. Perhaps $100 or $150 for the week. This would be a safer parking where you could leave your cooler, tow-strap etc in the rig while enjoying the amenities of Hammertown. Perhaps a volunteer could patrol saving the cost of security yet keeping people out who haven't rented a spot. They would be limited by available space so should sell for a fairly good price.

·
Wet Trail Wheeler
1,404 Posts
How about a guide service using people knowledgable in the area to show first timers or Shannon Campbell:flipoff2: how to get to the less accessable spectationg areas like wrecking ball. fissure mtn or Elvis. I would pay for a little guideing early in the week prior to race day so I could make a more knowlegeable decision on where to watch the big race.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hopefully the people I chatted with and met out on the lakebed will chime in and say hi. They were really nice and had some great ideas as well.

And don't worry Drakeslayer I won't forget to do my annual weather post for 2014 ok. I am counting down the days till KOH 2014 already. LOL!!!!:grinpimp:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Teams could sell broken/unusable parts as memorabilia.

·
Administrator
63,765 Posts
If you have merchandise suggestions for official KOH merchandise, let me know. I already have started on a list of things I would like to see, as well as items that were asked for. :roxy:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Shower trailer? Many of us would have paid $20- $25 for a quick hot shower.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yeah I heard a lot of people talk about these. We had them at tellico for the Dixie run back when it was held there and they were awesome.

·
Premium Member
4,468 Posts
I have a decent idea I have been thinking about ever since that first drivers meeting. Ill run is past Dave and see what he thinks...

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a decent idea I have been thinking about ever since that first drivers meeting. Ill run is past Dave and see what he thinks...
Let us know what he says!!:)

·
Registered
60,133 Posts
This was looked at by someone here last year... and the cost to get the trailer in was HUGE!

An ATT cell tower...
Supposedly there is an AT&T tower going up nearby, maybe next year.

Won't matter much anyway, the population will kill the tower off.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
This was looked at by someone here last year... and the cost to get the trailer in was HUGE!

Supposedly there is an AT&T tower going up nearby, maybe next year.

Won't matter much anyway, the population will kill the tower off.
Cell reception was awesome this year all week for Verizon. Only had to go halfway to the phone bush to get three bars.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Have dave provide a spot to be raffled off to non competitors, then give the winner a free spot in the main race to co drive with the non-qualified team of their choice "Win Win" for both the team and raffle winner.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thats a great idea!!

·
Registered
871 Posts
A free breakfast morning.
WITH a donation jar. FOJV brought in over 1k from the one we had there a few years ago.

·
Registered
132 Posts
^^Hammer town night and day shots poster size would be great.

My girl friend would have liked a pair of shorts with KOH on the back for bed and a blanket would have been great as well.

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts
I also vote for the high above shots of Hammertown !!!--- day and nite !!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts