Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received confirmation from the contractors performing the work on the Placer County portion of the Rubicon Trail. They will begin work on Monday, August 25th. The work will be performed during the week and none is planned for weekend use.

Expect delays and please be patient as they work to help us keep our trail open!

Also, details are not finalized yet, but we will be looking for some volunteers to help clear all the brush along the access road leading to the trail from Tahoma. Many people have expressed an interest in helping, but state they don't have a trail capable rig at the moment. Here's you chance to jump in and make a difference!

If you have any questions, email me at firemedic (at) wildblue (dot) com.

·
Registered
722 Posts
They are doing heavy machinery work from Tahoma to the Potato Patch. They will be raising the level of hole below “Potato Patch” 18” and hard facing the sides as well as making an energy dissipater. That is the farthest west they will be working.

All work will be done during the week. If I remember correctly working 10 hour days Monday-Thursday, but I’d be prepared for some OT on Fridays if the threat of weather comes.

Jerry

·
Premium Member
82 cj7 ford5.0 t18 atlas2 dana60 front 14 bolt rear Mastercraft seats full cage rockers armor winch
793 Posts
Was planing on taking my kids to the springs this coming week before they go back to school , is it going to be a problem passing through the work area ?
Coming in from Tahoe side.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
What is potato patch that you are referring to? Pics?
Don't have pics, but the area referred to as Potato Patch is the rocky area just west of the (former) dollar hole (you're one that'll remember when dollar hole was still there, me too). Just west of that is an incised muddy area...that is where they are talking about infill and raising the roadbed level 18" and making an ED.

·
"All Weeee Drive!"
12,033 Posts
Is what the HUGE pile of dirt is for taking up most of the Tahoe Staging area lot?

·
Premium Member
82 cj7 ford5.0 t18 atlas2 dana60 front 14 bolt rear Mastercraft seats full cage rockers armor winch
793 Posts
Don't have pics, but the area referred to as Potato Patch is the rocky area just west of the (former) dollar hole (you're one that'll remember when dollar hole was still there, me too). Just west of that is an incised muddy area...that is where they are talking about infill and raising the roadbed level 18" and making an ED.
Was the dollar hole the deep huge hole that used to be near the top of the Tahoe side ?

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts