Pirate 4x4 banner

81 - 100 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Few pictures from this weekend in SW Washington. 3500-4000'. Pretty much go anywhere snow, didn't even have to air down to super low air pressures. Only way a guy would get stopped is when it would start piling up over the hood. 4-6' with 3-4' of that being fresh.

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
The Sierras received some epic powder, Pretty cool watching a wave 6' out ahead of me as I just crawled along. Turning around took about a 1/2 hour.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
I'm really happy with them (IROC 39.5x14.50x15 radial). They are my snow only tires and this is their second year on. Last year they did not flex too well (3 ply side wall) at 3psi. I've done maybe 6 trips this year with 6"-10" at 5 psi. This last week we had good powder and I dropped down to 3psi and I was running through 2'-3' of powder pushing up to my grill just fine. I aired one down to 3 psi. in my garage yesterday and looked at the bulge in the tire and it was noticeably better. I measured it but didn't write it down (18" wide 21" long?). I know the tires will get better with use. My 3800 lb. flat fender will not flatten out the tire at 0 psi. Here's today's picture at 3 psi and since I can't locate the original showing them at 3 psi when I bought them, go to my Pirate pictures and look at the "Snow Runs", I have one there.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Got a good dusting at my house (2500') this morning, apparently the Sierras have above average snowfall for this time of year. :D

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
I'm really happy with them (IROC 39.5x14.50x15 radial). They are my snow only tires and this is their second year on. Last year they did not flex too well (3 ply side wall) at 3psi. I've done maybe 6 trips this year with 6"-10" at 5 psi. This last week we had good powder and I dropped down to 3psi and I was running through 2'-3' of powder pushing up to my grill just fine. I aired one down to 3 psi. in my garage yesterday and looked at the bulge in the tire and it was noticeably better. I measured it but didn't write it down (18" wide 21" long?). I know the tires will get better with use. My 3800 lb. flat fender will not flatten out the tire at 0 psi. Here's today's picture at 3 psi and since I can't locate the original showing them at 3 psi when I bought them, go to my Pirate pictures and look at the "Snow Runs", I have one there.
Any reason you don't run them lower than 3lb's of air in the snow? Have you had any trouble losing inner beads? Why do you only run half of your beadlock ring bolts?

I really don't think my light weight jeep would flatten those out at all :(

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
went out for a bit last night. rallied around for a bit in 2' deep stuff, and then on the way got buried in this 4' drift. a couple tugs and some shoveling and we were out.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
^ are those the elusive 100" kevlar's I've been hearing about?
:flipoff2:
Yup! this is a spyshot lol

no the passenger front was buried in the drift and the rear slid sideways so i was stuck pretty good. and we all know how awesome kevlars are in the snow :shaking: you can kinda see from the lights on the horizon how off camber it was.

81 - 100 of 204 Posts