Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to put 35's on the truck. Are there ways of doing this without doing a SAS? Everything I have seen or read seems not good enough. All have issue with strength of moving parts or fitment issues.

Anybody have an idea or place I can start looking for better ways of lifting with IFS?

If I decide to do SAS might as well go to 37's. I have done research on doing SAS and am aware of what needs to be done.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
28 Posts
You can fit 35's with a cab mount chop and minor trimming. If you are worried about the strength of the IFS system, then a SAS is probably your best option. No lift kit is going to strengthen the CV's or undersized front differential, which are the weakest points.

·
Registered
646 Posts
IMHO you should cut as much as you are willing (a lot) and run the smallest lift possible. I see no reason why you can't fit it on a 2.5-3" lift. With proper trimming, bumpstopping and wheel offset, 35's shouldn't be a problem. The higher the lift, the more stress on the stock CV's and steering components, which is why I would recommend keeping it as low as possible.

·
Registered
623 Posts
If you're keeping IFS, it's definitely recommended to run with an aftermarket UCA. Total Chaos, Camburg, etc.

Along with that, you should also be looking at replacing the front coilovers.

Unless you're regearing, and doing a bunch of other stuff... The ultimate question is "Why do you want 35's?" IIRC 35's will not fit with stock wheels, the tire hits the upper control arm. Unless you get spacers... Which I personally don't recommend.

Do it right, and do it once.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Rough Country bracket lift

3" body lift

aftermarket wheels (at least 20" to clear parts and stuff)

diff drop

3" spacer lift front

Add a leaf in the rear

bushwacker "cut out" flares

Should sit level and drive just like stock since you are keeping the stock front coilover struts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Rough Country bracket lift

3" body lift

aftermarket wheels (at least 20" to clear parts and stuff)

diff drop

3" spacer lift front

Add a leaf in the rear

bushwacker "cut out" flares

Should sit level and drive just like stock since you are keeping the stock front coilover struts
Bye bye ball joints and CV's... :shaking:

and... 20" wheels, :flipoff2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts