Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
11,307 Posts
Great to hear and awesome that the new owners seem like great people and open to partner up and allow access trough the area; definitely a great gesture from them and we would be glad to help out on the trail and by their property with any need.

Planning to hit the trail, how were the trail conditions?

Thank you!

Gui

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
Great to hear and awesome that the new owners seem like great people and open to partner up and allow access trough the area; definitely a great gesture from them and we would be glad to help out on the trail and by their property with any need.

Planning to hit the trail, how were the trail conditions?

Thank you!

Gui
Still patches of snow and wet on Alpine side but rest of trail good.Super quite,just a handfull of other rigs

·
11,307 Posts
Great time at the trail! Had a fun bday weekend! Got to wash the Jeep:

added some custom scratches:

it seemed easier at night though:

And liquefied my seat covers after an almost flop\roll :

And it is a tough life when your friends also have a modeling career :D Dave flexing shot and Chris striking a pose :)

Slickrock in California is a beautiful trail! We got to pick up some trash throughout the trail, but the most disappointing thing was finding trash through the road and camping areas left by others. Please remember to pack in and pack out!

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Had a great time at slick rock today, but let's talk about some trail etiquette. If you are in a club and your club members have rigs, that are not that capable, do not get upset when others finally start cutting you off, after 2 hours of waiting.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Had a great time at slick rock today, but let's talk about some trail etiquette. If you are in a club and your club members have rigs, that are not that capable, do not get upset when others finally start cutting you off, after 2 hours of waiting.
This trail seems to be a magnet for "those people" I'm sure iv pissed off a few people doing this but it seems to happen to offen. Iv given up wheeling on saturday at slick rock. Bring a chair and a cooler of cold ones to the top of the ladder and enjoy the pile up of new rubicons doing stupid shit for hours.

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
This trail seems to be a magnet for "those people" I'm sure iv pissed off a few people doing this but it seems to happen to offen. Iv given up wheeling on saturday at slick rock. Bring a chair and a cooler of cold ones to the top of the ladder and enjoy the pile up of new rubicons doing stupid shit for hours.
:lmao: true dat

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
I do like watching the chaos, but this started at the bottom of slickrock. They plugged slickrock and the bypass for over an hour. Then with rigs behind them they continued down the trail and got stuck again within 5 minutes. They still blocked the trail and would let no one pass. The next major hold up was at the ladder. They blocked the road on the ladder side of the creek at the water so no one else could cross to watch the chaos. This is when we decided to go around them and they got upset. I just wanted my rig at the top before the whole thing got plugged. Then we watched the chaos, a guy broke rear axle at the flange (not from the Jeep club). We did help him strap a log on for a skid, and then we left as they were winching him up the hill.

·
Registered
323 Posts
A buddy and I just went on Sunday and it was perfect. We only saw a few other rigs, and they were all parked off the trail. We didn't have to wait for anybody.

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
A buddy and I just went on Sunday and it was perfect. We only saw a few other rigs, and they were all parked off the trail. We didn't have to wait for anybody.
Heard a rumor that the ladder was plugged with a new Boulder?

·
Registered
623 Posts
It really is to bad that this happens all the time. Maybe there should be some signage at the trail heads about being aware of rigs behind your group, letting faster/bigger rigs pass you, and not to block the trail if you decide to stop. As this trail gets more traffic more wheelers need to get involved in educating people and doing more work days to keep this trail in good shape. The tough thing is that is a short trail with no real gatekeeper (north to south) to keep people from getting in over their heads which causes the impending traffic jam at the ladder in the afternoon on saturday.

·
Registered
323 Posts
It really is to bad that this happens all the time. Maybe there should be some signage at the trail heads about being aware of rigs behind your group, letting faster/bigger rigs pass you, and not to block the trail if you decide to stop.
Unfortunately, if people can't figure out common courtesy on their own, I wouldn't expect them to pay any attention to a sign, either.

·
Registered
188 Posts
With what?

Private property issue?

Trail opening for 2017?

Snow is deep this year....
I haven't been up since February, but I'd guess June opening (if we are lucky)
June would be lucky, unless it starts heating up. The snow pack at the Bear Valley Village (by the gas station) is over 12 ft. deep.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts