Pirate 4x4 banner

81 - 100 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
17,364 Posts
I'm pretty sure when you are fucking stupid, you know you are fucking stupid and knowingly continue to be fucking stupid, it makes even more fucking stupid.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Do yourself a favour and fill between the ramps with extruded mesh. First time you step between the ramps and brake a leg you'll be thankful.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,603 Posts
Nope it wont be close that. Last I weighed unloaded was
4 820 front and 4,880 rear.
Who gives a fuck about un loaded?

Add a 6k lb crawler and 800lbs of tounge weight 8' behind the axle, plus all the shit you bring on a long trip, the family, all their stuff, a full tank of fuel and I bet you will be a lot closer to 12k than you think.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Do yourself a favour and fill between the ramps with extruded mesh. First time you step between the ramps and brake a leg you'll be thankful.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
In the plans, that or aluminum. Rest of the square tube will be replaced with lighter weight round as well

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Who gives a fuck about un loaded?

Add a 6k lb crawler and 800lbs of tounge weight 8' behind the axle, plus all the shit you bring on a long trip, the family, all their stuff, a full tank of fuel and I bet you will be a lot closer to 12k than you think.
Unloaded is all I've had to go off of for now. Gear will get packed in the trailer, really don't pack much in crawler to begin with. You know, with all that extra storage space. Putting crawler back together now.

·
Registered
511 Posts
14460..with one person, no trailer and how much fuel in each rig? Isnt the GVWR on that thing like 13k? (could be wrong) so lets say with trailer and people almonst 16k..on a 3500....yep i would want my family in that, sure it would do well in an accident with that crawler less then a foot from that cab.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Although maybe not the way I would do it, I do like that you went out and bought a new truck and aren’t scared to modify it and then use it on a long trip relatively untested. Keep going I like the progress thus far.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Cab and chassis in my book is shown as a C/K 3600 (not mistype)

Gcwr is 31,300lbs. Trailer rating not listed because vehicle weight is unknown. "For chassis cab and pickup delete vehicles, choose an appropriate hitch and load the truck and trailer within the limits of GCWR, GVWR, and RGAWR."

Straight from the 2018 GM Duramax supplement manual. So if his rear axle weight rating is good, truck is "good" as far as ratings go.

81 - 100 of 195 Posts