Pirate 4x4 banner

101 - 120 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts

·
Registered
5,154 Posts

I haven't taken a deer with a long bow in a few years, and it was a Blessing to get back to the simple side of archery!

God Bless,
David B.

·
Premium Member
801 Posts

I haven't taken a deer with a long bow in a few years, and it was a Blessing to get back to the simple side of archery!

God Bless,

David B.

Sweet! I’ve messed around with a recurve, but never hunted anything with one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
Last Saturday I went out for my 4th sit for the 2019 archery season. It was only the 2nd time I had hunted this field; the first being late muzzle loader last year.
I sat down on a stool in the brush and my buddy helped me get a couple holes cut in for shooting lanes. At 3:40 I had a buck come in at 80 yards - I grunted at him but he gave me no attention and went into the timber NW of me. I hit my rattle bag and he came stomping in - well, wasn't sure it was him or what it was, but I drew and held it while he stepped into my shoot lane.

Ended up being about a 7' shot - I shot him through the heart and he ran about 60 yards before falling over dead. We have him on camera the day before, sometime in the 20 hours in between seeing him he had broken a brow tine.
He's a 9pt and with the broken brow tine was just over 150" white tail. My biggest deer so far and the most exciting hunt I've ever had.

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
Last Saturday I went out for my 4th sit for the 2019 archery season. It was only the 2nd time I had hunted this field; the first being late muzzle loader last year.
I sat down on a stool in the brush and my buddy helped me get a couple holes cut in for shooting lanes. At 3:40 I had a buck come in at 80 yards - I grunted at him but he gave me no attention and went into the timber NW of me. I hit my rattle bag and he came stomping in - well, wasn't sure it was him or what it was, but I drew and held it while he stepped into my shoot lane.

Ended up being about a 7' shot - I shot him through the heart and he ran about 60 yards before falling over dead. We have him on camera the day before, sometime in the 20 hours in between seeing him he had broken a brow tine.
He's a 9pt and with the broken brow tine was just over 150" white tail. My biggest deer so far and the most exciting hunt I've ever had.
WOW!! 7 feet on the ground, and with a bow!! That's some heart pounding excitement!!

150" deer is a BIG deer!!

Congrats Lara!!

God Bless,
David B.

·
Registered
11,391 Posts
did a canned hunt this weekend with some friends. had 20 pheasant and 12 quail put out, we were able to harvest 19/20 pheasants and 9/12 quail. My buddy has a trained retriever that worked well last year. I brought my squirrel dog along and after 2 flushes he picked up the jist of the game. He hunts a little harder than a regular bird dog. he caught about 3 or 4 quail by jumping on them before they could flush.

he's some pictures

https://www.instagram.com/redneck_hippie13/

·
this space for rent
4,189 Posts
Finally on board for 2019-2020 deer season. Popped a big fat doe on 11/15/19 at 7:05 at 50 yards using a CVA Optima v2 .50 shooting .245gr powerbelt infront of 100 grains of white hots.
I shot her and knocked her off her feet. She ran/stumbled through the woods and made it about 50 yards.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,533 Posts
Opening rifle season here in VA. I hunted saturday morning and Sunday afternoon.

Saturday morning was alot of fun. 10 minutes from sitting down i got to watch a young 8 point about 350 yards out. Very tall rack, he will be a shooter in two years. He eventually ran off to fuck a doe. Lots of does walked within 40 yards of me. Then finally a spike walked by me. Great hunt, lots of fun but no shooting.

Sunday afternoon was just as much fun. I got in the chair little before 3pm. Fell asleep. woke up to a bunch of does standing in front of me. They walked off, Then a doe started walking through the field from the other side and moving fast. I hear some rustling in the bush next to me and then a large 10 pointer walks out walking parrallel and away. Finally at around 120 yards he turns left just enough for me to get a shot off. I hit a little back but during the cleaning i found out I had exploded his liver. He ran a little, then did the death stand, i hit him again in the shoulder at 150 yards to make sure he went down. He tried to run again but fell over. The round hit his shoulder, broke apart and cut up his heart, you can see some of the bullet didnt make it through the skin on the other side. 6.8 SPC using 110 grn Sierra Soft Point

·
Registered
1,386 Posts

No pics?

·
Vendor
1,356 Posts
My son's one and only deer for this year. 8 point, not very tall but a decent spread with a pretty good sized body.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Congrats to all of the deer hunters. I’m going to get my chance during Thanksgiving weekend. Newborn has kept me out of the field this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

101 - 120 of 142 Posts