Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had any success yet?

We’re a little over a month away from our bow opener, and I haven’t picked up my bow since last season. It’s hard to get motivated to practice when it’s 95+ outside. I haven’t even set stands yet. That will change in the next week or so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I practiced a lot in spring/early summer but haven't practiced with broadhead. Need to move my target over to the new house.

Anyone got any reqs for a decent price day pack with bow straps? I hunt wma (public) on the ground. I want to go deeper in to get away from the competition this year. I'd like to keep my bow on the pack for at least 3 or so miles while I scout.

Just need room for essentials, maybe a meat area in a pinch if I get too deep and don't want to drag the whole deer out

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I practiced a lot in spring/early summer but haven't practiced with broadhead. Need to move my target over to the new house.

Anyone got any reqs for a decent price day pack with bow straps? I hunt wma (public) on the ground. I want to go deeper in to get away from the competition this year. I'd like to keep my bow on the pack for at least 3 or so miles while I scout.

Just need room for essentials, maybe a meat area in a pinch if I get too deep and don't want to drag the whole deer out

Badlands 2200 is what I use

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You may have just motivated me to get my bow out and fling some arrows. Bout time to make sure the stand is ready too.

I’m going to this coming weekend. I wasn’t 100% comfortable with my sight last season, so it may get changed as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m going to this coming weekend. I wasn’t 100% comfortable with my sight last season, so it may get changed as well.

Ended up changing from a multi-pin to a single-pin slider. Groups have already improved at 20 yards. I will work on sighting in at 30+ this weekend.

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts
I hadn't shot since bow season last year. The last 3 nights we've gone out and I've shot 16-20 times. I'm a little shaky but will get there. We're hunting rifle first in Colorado, so been spending more time with my rifle than anything.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Bow elk opened this weekend in western washington. There have to be some dumb mother fuckers. There is a FS road behind my house and they drive down and back over and over again. The clear cut is about 120 meters to the woods and the woods are private property. Do they some how think they are going to stop and put a clear cut stalk on an animal chillin on private property.

Kinda glad to see its not just dumb ass rifle road hunters. How the fuck do you bow hunt and road hunt in the same sentence.

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bow elk opened this weekend in western washington. There have to be some dumb mother fuckers. There is a FS road behind my house and they drive down and back over and over again. The clear cut is about 120 meters to the woods and the woods are private property. Do they some how think they are going to stop and put a clear cut stalk on an animal chillin on private property.

Kinda glad to see its not just dumb ass rifle road hunters. How the fuck do you bow hunt and road hunt in the same sentence.

Not successfully.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Grrr. Went out and practiced tonight. Peep is back to rotating. Third time it will go back to the shop to fix this. Good thing I can't go out openigg weekend anyway

·
Registered
1,386 Posts

Did you say "meters"? What country are you from?

Secondly, I saw two old men with bows riding an atv on the road Saturday.one guy sitting side saddle for easy step off in event they saw one... I had a dead buck strapped on the front of my 4Runner. Bet it was the only one they'd seen all day. Funny thing is I shot mine from just below a road while walking down it to the trailhead. Downed tree had the road blocked and it was the reason I didn't drive.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Did you say "meters"? What country are you from?

Secondly, I saw two old men with bows riding an atv on the road Saturday.one guy sitting side saddle for easy step off in event they saw one... I had a dead buck strapped on the front of my 4Runner. Bet it was the only one they'd seen all day. Funny thing is I shot mine from just below a road while walking down it to the trailhead. Downed tree had the road blocked and it was the reason I didn't drive.

I am learning to shoot distance rifle. The people teaching me used to teach for their Uncle and use meters for teaching. So I use meters for distance. Doesn’t make a whole lot of difference short range but it males it easier at distance for conversions.

My first pin on my bow is 21.87 yards for you simpletons.
:flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Grrr. Went out and practiced tonight. Peep is back to rotating. Third time it will go back to the shop to fix this. Good thing I can't go out openigg weekend anyway

Serving tied around it?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I put a sneek on antelope , I was about 45 yards away when they busted. They will go into rut about a week from now and I will harvest that same buck!

·
Premium Member
3,822 Posts
Yeah, I'm too cheap for that. Thinking more like a $50 pack that can be made to work. Maybe a FILBE with a random bow pocket.
If you’re already not getting email alerts or have em saved in your favorites, go to
Wing supply.com and Field Supply.com and sign up your email.
They have deals daily/weekly, usually 60-80% off retail.
I grabbed a Tenzing TZ1250 for $40 a few years ago. Use it for archery, rifle, squirrel, shed hunting etc. Also grabbed a Slumberjack “Rail Hauler” for $90 off there.
They have a Tenzing clearance going now actually.

Attachments

·
Rusted.
900 Posts
Our season opens tomorrow. I haven't shot my bow since last season, and just finally went out and put up my blinds and cleared shooting lanes yesterday. I usually don't hunt too hard till it gets colder out anyway, instead of eaten alive by mosquitoes.
I need to move a couple stands this week, and in couple weeks will make some mock scrapes on the usual travel routes.

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My wife’s due date got moved up, so I won’t get out until late November or so. May just rifle hunt at that point. I’m still waiting to see if I drew any tags for state hunts or not.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts