Pirate 4x4 banner

501 - 520 of 533 Posts

·
Registered
11,677 Posts
Just checked the news. Glad they gave saitz his own little ceremony. Hamilton was admitting immediately after that the accident was his fault. Makes a crazy race even crazier.

·
Premium Member
25,925 Posts
Just checked the news. Glad they gave saitz his own little ceremony. Hamilton was admitting immediately after that the accident was his fault. Makes a crazy race even crazier.
It doesn't really matter because Hamilton is just racing for pride at this point but IMO Albon could have decided to leave some racing room and kept fighting. It's really just a shame because this has been some of the best racing this year. Damn that Honda power plant has come into its own. :eek::smokin:

Just glad I'm not a ferrari fan. Some red mist going on over in that pit box. :laughing: I can't figure out who is a bigger a-hole or who has a bigger ego. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
19,455 Posts
It doesn't really matter because Hamilton is just racing for pride at this point but IMO Albon could have decided to leave some racing room and kept fighting. It's really just a shame because this has been some of the best racing this year. Damn that Honda power plant has come into its own. :eek::smokin:

Just glad I'm not a ferrari fan. Some red mist going on over in that pit box. :laughing: I can't figure out who is a bigger a-hole or who has a bigger ego. :rolleyes:
I kinda felt like Albon shouldn't have left the door open for Hambone to stick his foot in.

I still feel like Vettel is mentally done. He isn't in it anymore and just playing the role. He's had too many mistakes over the past 2 seasons.

·
Premium Member
25,925 Posts
I kinda felt like Albon shouldn't have left the door open for Hambone to stick his foot in.

I still feel like Vettel is mentally done. He isn't in it anymore and just playing the role. He's had too many mistakes over the past 2 seasons.
It doesn't help that the kid they hired to take Kimi's spot has a head like a fucking hot air balloon. I have watched the wreck about 15 times. Yes Vettel moved. But he was also coming over to the racing line and trying to get in front. Charles has no self preservation and reminds me of Max his first few years. Stubborn AF and thinks he's always right. Yeah so he would had to back out and let Vettel pass. Get him back the next corner. Not be an ass and ruin both cars and be out of the race. Yeah sure he's fast. But being fast for most of the race doesn't get points or a win.

·
Change is good.
35,188 Posts

It doesn't help that the kid they hired to take Kimi's spot has a head like a fucking hot air balloon. I have watched the wreck about 15 times. Yes Vettel moved. But he was also coming over to the racing line and trying to get in front. Charles has no self preservation and reminds me of Max his first few years. Stubborn AF and thinks he's always right. Yeah so he would had to back out and let Vettel pass. Get him back the next corner. Not be an ass and ruin both cars and be out of the race. Yeah sure he's fast. But being fast for most of the race doesn't get points or a win.
I think he thinks he's Senna. Senna was famous for putting himself in a spot that was going to make both cars crash if his opponent didn't give way.

·
Registered
1989 Jeep Cherokee
1,934 Posts
wait, Ferrari was changing their fuel flow rate after it was metered and that is illegal? I thought all F1 cars could change fuel flow from the cockpit. What is so bad about being able to store that fuel longer vs not use it?

·
Registered
437 Posts
wait, Ferrari was changing their fuel flow rate after it was metered and that is illegal? I thought all F1 cars could change fuel flow from the cockpit. What is so bad about being able to store that fuel longer vs not use it?
The rules give a max permissible flow rate and max flow has to = max burn, they can't even burn too much oil or coolant in case they're using it to provide an advantage.

It is possible they could continue to pump fuel into a holding container located after the flow meter off throttle and then exceed the max flow at full throttle by drawing the max through the flowmeter PLUS whatever is in the container without actually registering over the max flow.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
The rules give a max permissible flow rate and max flow has to = max burn, they can't even burn too much oil or coolant in case they're using it to provide an advantage.

It is possible they could continue to pump fuel into a holding container located after the flow meter off throttle and then exceed the max flow at full throttle by drawing the max through the flowmeter PLUS whatever is in the container without actually registering over the max flow.
no idea but nice thinking. Hard to hide that container from scrutineering, but not impossible.

·
Registered
437 Posts
no idea but nice thinking. Hard to hide that container from scrutineering, but not impossible.
Pure conjecture here based on my somewhat limited knowledge. The container wouldn't necessarily have to be very big or it could be split into smaller containers (one per injector maybe?) Even an extra thimble full per injector coming out of each corner may be enough to add up to an extra 0.5 sec a lap. In theory it would be reflected by an increase in injector duration at max power (assuming the injectors have a fixed lb/min flow rate) over older maps without a fuel storage system.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I say let them go at it ;) The "cheating" engineering is downright brilliant.
I'm of the opinion of giving them very basic regs ie; car's gotta fit in a box, max power, min weight, a control tyre and telling them to go for it. I reckon the innovation would be phenomenal.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #518 (Edited)
I'd like to see which parts they actually took. The data will show how much fuel is being burnt, wonder if they could get around that somehow.

Odd they took a non-Ferrari part also, wonder if its just to compare the two or they think both teams are doing something illegal.

congrats on the news btw

·
Registered
11,677 Posts
Pretty boring race. Don't understand the whole Leclerc fuel thing. Wonder how the Factory Renault team feels about getting beat by McClaren - hope that Ricci got a lot of money this year ;)

501 - 520 of 533 Posts