Pirate 4x4 banner

521 - 533 of 533 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,925 Posts
So is the deal with all the comments about retiring the cars? I thought that they were going to use the same cars thru the end of next year? Or did they say cars and meant just the power units? :confused:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #522 (Edited)
Pretty boring race. Don't understand the whole Leclerc fuel thing. Wonder how the Factory Renault team feels about getting beat by McClaren - hope that Ricci got a lot of money this year ;)
Ferrari fudged the paperwork and declared the wrong amount of fuel that was in the car. The car had the correct amount in it but the numbers on the sheet they gave the FIA were wrong. Big fine and they move on. Not really a big deal.

I love that Sainz had more points than the bottom 6 teams by himself :laughing: McLaren really stepped it up this year, and I'm liking Lando, he seems like a cool kid. His radio message at the end of the race to his engineer was awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oC0KvNIaPE

So is the deal with all the comments about retiring the cars? I thought that they were going to use the same cars thru the end of next year? Or did they say cars and meant just the power units? :confused:
They don't use the same cars year to year they build new ones. Most of the parts are the same but there will be updates and design changes to some stuff. The power units will be new too, also updated. No reason to use worn out stuff when you can build new shit that hopefully won't break as fast. Unless you're Williams, then you use whatever you've got laying around and hope it makes it to the next race....

·
Premium Member
25,925 Posts
McLaren really stepped it up this year, and I'm liking Lando, he seems like a cool kid. His radio message at the end of the race to his engineer was awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oC0KvNIaPE

They don't use the same cars year to year they build new ones. Most of the parts are the same but there will be updates and design changes to some stuff. The power units will be new too, also updated. No reason to use worn out stuff when you can build new shit that hopefully won't break as fast. Unless you're Williams, then you use whatever you've got laying around and hope it makes it to the next race....
That makes more sense. I thought that they re-used the tubs as long as they were not damaged.

The lando radio was funny. But this shit is hilarious. They are really having fun over there at McLaren. :laughing:

https://www.formula1.com/en/video/2019/11/Norris_surprises_engineer_Jarvis_with_'tribute'_helmet.html

·
Change is good.
35,188 Posts
How about Botas. Last to 2nd. THAT's a drive.

·
Premium Member
25,925 Posts
Doh. I was looking at JJ's qualifying post above. I turned it off halfway through.
He was less than a second from getting 3rd at the line. Party mode on the new engine package is no joke. He was doing laps faster on a set of hards that the ferrari was on softs. :eek: Like a LOT faster.

Can we all just agree that Nico Rosberg is the worst Sky Sports F1 announcer.

·
Registered
19,455 Posts
He was less than a second from getting 3rd at the line. Party mode on the new engine package is no joke. He was doing laps faster on a set of hards that the ferrari was on softs. :eek: Like a LOT faster.

Really don't like Rosberg. Annoying. Years back Vettel was really getting under his skin during press conferences. It was great.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #529

Its a good thing Ferrari didn't blow it a little more or he would have stolen 3rd from Lec if he got a penalty for the fuel issue.

Really don't like Rosberg. Annoying. Years back Vettel was really getting under his skin during press conferences. It was great.
Rosberg is annoying as fuck. There's a reason he's become a meme.

The F1TV coverage isn't too bad. There's some good coverage before and after the race too that doesn't have to worry about a broadcast schedule.

·
Registered
19,455 Posts
:laughing: I really like Paul di Resta tho. He actually points out cool shit and is knowledgeable.

Here's a great read on Ferrari. It's probably funnier if your not a ferrari fanboy. :laughing:

https://jalopnik.com/how-to-lose-a-formula-one-championship-as-told-by-ferr-1840004292
They have been really bad. I'm not a huge Ferrari F1 fan. I think the pressure they've put on Vettel plus his kids have made him not want to do F1 anymore.

The new rumors circulating that Hambone could go to Ferrari are quite comical.

·
Registered
1989 Jeep Cherokee
1,934 Posts
So what was the difference between Verstappen's recklass driving and Vettel's?

How do you go 1 and 2 at Singapore and NOT think it's due to the changes you've made?

521 - 533 of 533 Posts