Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
That suspension seems to have almost no compliance. Put the left front over a 12 inch rock and the right front goes 10 inches into the air. I'm a Jeeper so don't know if that's typical for this type of wheeler. Perhaps the suspension is all about jumps?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
That suspension seems to have almost no compliance. Put the left front over a 12 inch rock and the right front goes 10 inches into the air. I'm a Jeeper so don't know if that's typical for this type of wheeler. Perhaps the suspension is all about jumps?
Pull the sway bar links off and it would probably stop most of that, but it would lose it's ability to fly over the whoops.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Pull the sway bar links off and it would probably stop most of that, but it would lose it's ability to fly over the whoops.
Why would that be? A swaybar should do nothing on a whoop if straight up and down. The only use I'm aware of for swaybars is to reduce body roll.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Why would that be? A swaybar should do nothing on a whoop if straight up and down. The only use I'm aware of for swaybars is to reduce body roll.
Well, it limits suspension travel as well, and from some of the pics I've seen of X3's disconnected, it limits it by a lot. In high speed desert running you're not going to want your suspension bottoming out every time you leave the ground.

·
UTVGuide.net
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep, sway bars front and rear are connected. We typically run at Hammers like we'd race and I prefer sway bars connected in the desert.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts