Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the deal . . . I aquired an early GM 203 doubler and I have a spare TH400/D20 combo taking up space in my garage so I'm thinking about stuffing the doubler between the TH400 and the D20.

Question is if anyone makes an adapter to mate the doubler to the D20. Any ideas/suggestions?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I don't know of one for the GM 203 to dana 20, but they aren't hard to make if you have mill access, I'm building my ford 203-atlas one right now...

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CrazyHorse said:
I don't know of one for the GM 203 to dana 20, but they aren't hard to make if you have mill access, I'm building my ford 203-atlas one right now...
If I had access to a milling machine and a lathe I'd never buy another adapter as long as I live. The other problem is, around here, small machine shops are about as rare as real barbershops. Soooo, I gotta look for commercially available hardware.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
if you do do it, id recomend upgrading he output shaft in the 20. they arnt the strongest outputs , and with the doubler you'll be able to put 2x the torque into it, its real easy to over power things with more ratio...

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input . . .

Emails are out to Wagoner Machine and Abba.

As for power, I ran a Dana 20 behind a T-18A and a Ford 390 in one of my old rigs for a couple of years and it didn't commit suicide. But, then again, I knew the limitations of the 20 so I was easy on the loud pedal. My little old 225 Buick shouldn't pose a major problem.

Oh yeah, Wild Horses only does Bronco stuff and the Ford and Jeep cases are two different critters.

Thanks again!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts