Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
The only reason to take a NP-208 over a NP-205 is for the lower ratio. otherwise the NP-208 cannot compare to the NP-205 for strength.

Go Big, Or Go Home!

Eric

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
The 205 is stronger then the 208. However I would not worry about swaping the 208 out untill you have jumped the chain and spit it out thru the case. If building from scratch, I would take the stronger 205, if looking for a weak spot, I would keep the 208 till it dies.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I would say stay with the 208.. I had a 93 Dodge that broke the 205 twice and I swapped in a 208 which has not had any problems in the last year and a half(and I am not easy on it)..If you are constantly bashing tha case on rocks or whatever then the cast iron case of the 205 will hold up better than the aluminum case of the 208 will but good skidplateing will keep the 208 alive..MOST of the people badmouthing the 208 have no actual expirence with it they just repeat what they hear and the myth gets perpetuated..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.