Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
8,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Anything" can be made to host a suppressor. What's out there that comes ready to mount a can in .22lr?

I look at a bunch of guns, and they're appealing, then I think of the work/$$ to make them host a can and it deters me.

Examples:

Decent price - GSG-522SD Then a whole lot to make it fun....

Seems fun, decent price - Colt .22lr 1911. Not even a threaded option

The new Ruger American in .22 is tempting, but it doesn't do anything that my Savage MKII FV-SR can't. I've got the SBR AR in .22 covered. A 22/45 LITE. What else is a fun plug-and-play option?

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
The 2 I shoot most are my 22/45 Lite and my PWS Summit rifle.
The Summit is super quiet and has the good Ruger mags etc...
Technically it doesn't do anything your Savage bolt action wont do though...

My buddy has a 10/22 breakdown that came threaded and he seems to like it a lot.

·
Surgical Shotgunner
15,752 Posts
P22 needs a $20 adapter to be ready.

Seems to be a ton of the Ruger MkIII pistols are threaded.

You can buy quality, accurate, threaded barrels for a 10/22.

i think some of the Sig Mosquitos come threaded.

Most things can be made ready, just depends on how bad you want them to be.

·
Registered
8,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
P22 needs a $20 adapter to be ready.

Seems to be a ton of the Ruger MkIII pistols are threaded.

You can buy quality, accurate, threaded barrels for a 10/22.

i think some of the Sig Mosquitos come threaded.

Most things can be made ready, just depends on how bad you want them to be.
Forgot about the P22. I was intrigued by them way before I got a can....gonna have to re look, thanks!

I'm feeling lazy about projects is the main thing. I know I can make anything work if I so desire, but plug and play is appealing at the moment

·
Registered
8,215 Posts
M&P 15-22? :confused:

Unscrew flash suppressor, screw on suppressor.

Are you looking for that kind of simplicity?

·
Registered
8,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
M&P 15-22? :confused:

Unscrew flash suppressor, screw on suppressor.

Are you looking for that kind of simplicity?
That kind of simplicity, but I've already got a dedicated .22lr SBR AR. I also have a .22 conversion kit for any of my standard ARs. That platform is covered.

·
Registered
8,215 Posts
Well, that would've been helpful in the first post... :laughing:

I retract my above post then. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
8,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
"Anything" can be made to host a suppressor. What's out there that comes ready to mount a can in .22lr?

I look at a bunch of guns, and they're appealing, then I think of the work/$$ to make them host a can and it deters me.

Examples:

Decent price - GSG-522SD Then a whole lot to make it fun....

Seems fun, decent price - Colt .22lr 1911. Not even a threaded option

The new Ruger American in .22 is tempting, but it doesn't do anything that my Savage MKII FV-SR can't. I've got the SBR AR in .22 covered. A 22/45 LITE. What else is a fun plug-and-play option?
Well, that would've been helpful in the first post... :laughing:

I retract my above post then. :flipoff2:
Not enough detail on my part? :homer:

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Lazy?

Guy down the street has a shitload of 22's, almost every one has a can and I don't think any of them came factory threaded...

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
I have a Sig 1911-22 (made by GSG) that is factory threaded. .02

·
Registered
8,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lazy?

Guy down the street has a shitload of 22's, almost every one has a can and I don't think any of them came factory threaded...
My brothers uncles neighbor was once talking about going to chuckee cheese with a purple cat.

Ya....I'm being lazy. What's your point?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I'm currently using a 22/45 Lite and M&P15-22. The 22/45 lite is a ton of fun to shoot, very accurate too. I'm also plannning on getting a SR22 threaded barrel in the future. I've read that Mosquitos are very finicky on ammo. So far the only ammo my 22/45 wont cycle is CCI quiet at 700 fps, but it wont cycle any of my semi's.

·
almost contraband
1,057 Posts
Sig makes threaded Mosquitos and their 1911-22s come threaded too. Both require adapters, and different ones at that. I have a threaded Mosquito and adapter on the way to play with. I bought a plain jane Mosquito last year and it has run very well. The only ammo I've fed it has been bulk Fed and Rem.

I guess it depends on your hands, but I find the P22 a bit on the small side to shoot; I haven't run a can on one.

The SR22 is available factory threaded now, and there is a company making a threaded barrel for the earlier guns. They also make solvent trap adapters, so I'm staying far away from being on their customer list, lol.

I've run my factory threaded 22/45 for a few years now and it's flawless, fun to shoot and comfortable. It will cycle Aguila Subs reliably.

I read this week that the Chiappa M9-22 is already threaded 1/2-28, but can't verify that. I considered it a while before ordering the Mosquito, but since the 22/45 is 'full size', I decided a smaller pistol would be a good addition.

Last, Olympic makes the modern Wolverine which has a threaded muzzle as part of the assembly of the gun. I have no idea if it would be a huge headache to mess with it to make it a suppressor host, but it is something I'll probably try at some point in the future.

·
Registered
8,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That Colt/Walther full size 1911 is tempting. On sale as PSA for $239 and already threaded. Needs adapter, but that's easy

·
Registered
8,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Marlin XT-22RZ is a bolt action .22 with a factory threaded (1/2x28) barrel for a suppressor.
Tempting. Just don't see grabbing it over my Savage, especially with the longer barrel. Does anyone have one though? I'd still like to know more

1 - 20 of 45 Posts