Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to TOYOTA's......I looked through about 15 pages on the 22-re before I started gettin a headache soooooo my question is : what is the latest model car....truck.....van.....plane......I can get a 22-re out off to replace the one in my 1986 4 runner ? (what year ,what model)

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
mines a 94 in the truck, could get up to model year 95 in pickups. Dont know what else is out there though. They still using them in forklifts??

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
'95 is the last year. It is what I put in my '86. Since mine was carburated, I also used the EFI, which in '95 was OBD II emissions, using a catalyst moniter and some other extra sensors.

·
Registered
197 Posts
For our purposes 95 was it. 85-95 should work, they didnt change a whole lot. Toyota still produces them in limited numbers outside of the U.S., presumably for applications like fork-lifts that JW mentioned.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Who gives a damn about the year of the motor. I would be more concerned with the mileage on it. You can get an 89 22RE with 80,000 miles and a 95 22RE with 150,000. Check mileage but if you must know, 95 is the last year of the 22RE.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey tuck , where is that 89 motor located :flipoff2: but really if ya need an explanation I will assume your more than a lil slow so here goes......if I see a 99 model or a 96 model or wtf ever else I see I now know what year trucks to look for.....get it:confused:

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm slow? I'm slow because the only fawking difference between a newer and an older 22RE is nothing more than a few nuts and bolts? A 95 22RE and an 87 22RE are virtually identical. What makes you think because the motor is a little newer than you can make the assumption that it is more mechanically sound? Whatever, just trying to help you, but I guess that an insult is justifiable for offering help.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes tuck you have been very helpful .I had no idea that a lower milage engine in a older truck may be better than a high milage engine in a newer truck :confused: no chit
I will try again to explain my question to you....."I am new to TOYOTA's" I am pretty sure about when the 22R-e came out ...86 ? maybe 85.....but what I had no idea of was if they still used them or when they quit . now I know.
The year that they quit using them.....that was my question .I got the answer.
I think you are trying to hard to read between the lines.
My goal was to know what year models to look for since I believe I know when they started using it I needed to know when they quit .
I hope that is ok ? I promise if I find a 22R-e in great shape I will not care what year truck it is in.....hows that ?
do you really think I should look for 1 that is mechanicaly sound

:confused: :flipoff2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts