Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm in the final stages of completing the swap and have ran into a problem. I have searched around here but the only info i ever got was a damn ERROR PAGE. I've also checked around on a few other boards and found nothing worthwhile.

The problem:

Runs and idles just fine and dandy, but as soon as you give it gas it cuts out and dies.

Things i have checked/replaced:

In tank Fuel pump
Fuel Filter
Fuel Lines
MAF resistance (which is within spec according to my manual) plus i have tried a few others
Timing
I have tried a couple different ECU's

When i jump the T circuit to see what the check engine light tells me, I get the following codes: 2, 5, 8, & 11

Code 2 has to deal with the MAF/AFM. But the resistance of the MAF is within spec, Could it be the plug?? Would i check the plug to the MAF for resistance? or ???

Code 5 deals with the O2 sensor, and i know why that ones comes up, dont have one.

Code 8 deals with intake air thermo sensor signal. What is this and where is it?

Code 11 tells me its the Switch signal. Unsure of this code.

Any Ideas?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Toy Story said:
The intake air thermo sensor is in the AFM. Sounds like a wiring problem between the AFM and the ECU. The code 11 is TPS adjustment problem but shouldn't prevent it from revving up. Definitely check the AFM connector .

Have you tried clearing the codes?
I have not tried clearing the codes. The problem of it running like garbage would still be there wouldnt it?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do have a knock sensor and its hooked up.

the truck is a 85 carb truck. I got all the parts to swap over to efi from a86 truck.

we tested all the wires in the plug to the afm to see if there was a dead one. there was!

fixed the problem and now it runs great.

i appreciate the help.

it runs soooooo much better with the EFI compared to when it had a weber.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts