Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anybody else has had similar problems the head will not come off my 22r. We can lift the engine by the head and it will not come off or move at all. Anybody got any ideas that will not damage anything. And yes all bolts are removed though one head bolt did shear off.

Thanks for any advice i can get

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
did you get the one in the oil puddle in front of the timing chain and the one on the back of the headconnected to the hardlines

get all the brackets

???

use a prybar and pry on one side or the other...should come off

·
Registered
660 Posts
Check all bolts and connections again

Do NOT pry on it--you will gouge your head and block surface. If anything, use a very thin putty knife to try and break the seal, but dont pry.

·
Registered
275 Posts
there is a bolt in the front of the head right in front of where the timing chain gear mounts. Check that one, also make sure all of the "stuff" (header, intake manifold vacuum lines) are disconnected

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
there are some hoses that run under the intake that also need to be unhooked....i'm a little sketchy on the details, its been a while since i pulled the head on mine.

·
Premium Member
16,327 Posts
when i did my HG everthing was unbolted and off and it wouldnt budge. hit it a few times with a rubber hammer and it came off.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
i don't know if this is bad for anything but once i bolted my bare intake back on and used it for a handle to peel the head off.

i was getting mad and crazy if it didn't come off then i was gonna use my hy-lift, but it came off and i didn't have to get midevil on it.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
If your bolt broke off above the head surface it is because it is corroded to the head
I had this same problem and actually jacked up the whole front end of the truck from the head . I ended up filling the bolt hole with wd40 and used a punch to smack the broken bolt . walla off the head came off . DO NOT PRY THE HEAD >>> YOU WILL KICK YOUR OWN ASS when it does not seal or it breaks

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was the corrosion of the bolts holding the head on unfortunatly the wd40 soaking it didnt work so i had to heat it with a torch and then pry on it to get it to move. Not the best way but it appears so far that surfacing the head slightly will take out the small gouges made.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts