Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
I’ve read that bumps the compression up less than half of a psi. Is that even worth it?
Having never done it myself, I couldnt tell ya. I've read everything from "it added 20 hp", to "its not really worth it".

Personally, I'm more of the mindset of reliability and driveability and being happy at 55mph than dumping tons of money and making it unreliable.

I did the "rv" cam, header, and 2.25" exhaust with 4.88s on 35s on my 84. I was very happy with it

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
The 22r in my 83 had the legs to lose the flatty guys on the highway, till it saw the foothills:D
I went the re rout due to the nose to the sky issue...

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Forced induction or don’t waste any money. My roommate had $4600 in a 22RE.:homer: For that kind of money he could had way more power with a different motor.
My local area has a gravel road to drive from where I stage. I’ll guess it’s at least a 1k elevation change. My rig will drive the flat stuff at 3k with no boost on the gauge. As soon as I hit the grade at 3k my boost bumps to 10 psi. My auto doesn’t slow down one bit. If I want I can fucking accelerate with the quickness.

Down at Sand a Hollow in the dunes I can eat on my buddy who has a 4.3.

Forced induction or just fucking deal with what you have. It’s 30+ year old technology that was built for reliability, nothing more.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
A buddy did a small 50 hp shot of nitrous into the intake tube. His motor didn't last long after that. :laughing:

21 - 26 of 26 Posts