Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could use some words of wisdom.

I swapped an 88' wiring harness into an 84' 4runner with an 87' 22-RTE CPU and an 87' 22RTE. From the gas tank to the exhaust, everything worked well, minus 2 plugs in the interior dash that are yet to be identified. I have power to all points on the wiring harness, lights, 4-ways, sending unit in the replaced Gas tank, etc... everywhere except the starter wire! There exists power to the thick line that runs to the bottom of the starter to the battery but the little wire and plug that accuates the starter has nothing, nada, zilch. Could this be a result of not completing the switch to the "clutch cancel" button found on EFI IFS mini's? All ignition plugs match from the 84' column to the 88' harness. Has anyone done this or at least a 22R to RE conversion that involed this scenario? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
jump across the push pin switch connection down on the clutch pedal, i believe its a set of green wires...

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has no push pin switch connection down on the clutch pedal, it is an 84' clutch pedal. I will look for a set of green wires that runs somewhere near the left side of the column and try completing the switch , then see if I get power to the starter wire. Thanks in advance for replies.
:p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts