Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing a T3 turbo and exhaust manifold onto a 22r. I'm trying to get ideas for the plumbing. Its a carbureted engine with a Got Propane system. I'm specifically interested in the hoses for the internal wastegate and the suction hose. I know that the propane mixer has to be separated from the throttle plate, and the mixer gets mounted to the suction hose. Ideally, there's someone here that has pics of their own project. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
29,407 Posts

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
You can also check out Timber Tiger here in general for some other ideas. It really boils down to where you have room.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can also check out Timber Tiger here in general for some other ideas. It really boils down to where you have room.
Thanks for the link. I got the most out of this thread, but like I said, a 22r is set up a little differently than a 22re. I'm just going to have to wing it. I'm considering mounting the propane mixer under the dash, where there is a lot more room than under the hood. I'm still not sure where the hoses go from the internal wastegate (there are two hose flanges on the diaphragm housing), and the hose flange on the pressure side of the turbo housing.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Pic of what you are trying to figure out? I don't know what turbo you have.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I can only assume you have the wastegate in the picture below. If you do hose from the turbo goes to the top port. The bottom one stays open.

As far as the how the other components lay out is up to you. You have to make them fit where you have room. Below is a link to pictures of mine when I set it up a few years ago.

Turbo Story by Steve Taylor (overeasytoy) | Photobucket

Does not matter what engine you are working on everything hooks up to the same place. Just might take a different way to get there.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can only assume you have the wastegate in the picture below. If you do hose from the turbo goes to the top port. The bottom one stays open.

As far as the how the other components lay out is up to you. You have to make them fit where you have room. Below is a link to pictures of mine when I set it up a few years ago.

Turbo Story by Steve Taylor (overeasytoy) | Photobucket

Does not matter what engine you are working on everything hooks up to the same place. Just might take a different way to get there.
Thanks, yes that is the info that I needed for the wastegate hose.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pic of what you are trying to figure out? I don't know what turbo you have.
It's a T3 turbo that Cary sells and his top mount exhaust manifold. I think I have everything worked out now, except for the mounting of the propane mixer to the suction side of the turbo. Like has already been pointed out, its mostly a matter of getting everything to fit.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
If you do hose from the turbo goes to the top port. The bottom one stays open.

It usually hooks to the brass 90 degree fitting that is in the compressor housing. :beer:
If you want a in cab boost gauge put a T fitting into this line and run it to the back of your gauge.

·
Registered
15,361 Posts
Does this piece attach to the propane mixer, or the throttle plate?
both

what i did on my 22r turbo propane setup using gotpropanes turbo and mixer was take the throttle plate thingy off the bottom of the mixer. mounted one of those C-A3-30 to the bottom of the mixer which went to a rubber boot elbow that fed to my turbo. then from my turbo i went over to the throttle body which i put a second C-A3-30 on to attach my turbo charge pipe to

in this order

mixer to C-A3-30 to 90* elbow to turbo inlet then turbo outlet to rubber boot to cross over pipe to rubber boot to C-A3-30 to throttle body to intake manifold

i cant find any pics sorry, it was all ugly ghetto fab shit anyways :laughing:

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
both

what i did on my 22r turbo propane setup using gotpropanes turbo and mixer was take the throttle plate thingy off the bottom of the mixer. mounted one of those C-A3-30 to the bottom of the mixer which went to a rubber boot elbow that fed to my turbo. then from my turbo i went over to the throttle body which i put a second C-A3-30 on to attach my turbo charge pipe to

in this order

mixer to C-A3-30 to 90* elbow to turbo inlet then turbo outlet to rubber boot to cross over pipe to rubber boot to C-A3-30 to throttle body to intake manifold

i cant find any pics sorry, it was all ugly ghetto fab shit anyways :laughing:
Thanks, this is extremely helpful.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks folks, for the advice with the turbo plumbing. Especially the four bolt flanges from Century. I would have had a helluva time finding those units on my own. Anyway, got the turbo installed and test drove it- works great. The power difference is like night and day. I don't really notice it much when doing detail crawling, but when I get on the throttle it perks right up.

·
Premium Member
29,407 Posts
got any pictures of what you ended up with?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts