Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the engine idles fine but when there is any throttle givin the engine lopes. almost like there is a vaccum leak. i have checked and replaced the tps sensor and it still is happening. any ideas?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Check the AFM(aka MAF). that's one of the sensors that tells the computer what the engine is doing, not what you are doing(TPS). Sometimes the elemant in there just needs to be carefully cleaned.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes the engine loses power when there is any throttle given. i have cleaned the maf with maf sensor cleaner. theres two codes that come up. 6 and 7.

·
Registered
697 Posts
do you have a manual for your truck? $20 buys a lot of tech info, including how to check your various sensors. and what the codes mean. sounds like the ecu is getting some wrong info via one of the sensors

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have a chilton or haynes manual. i have gone over pretty much everything in that book

·
Registered
63 Posts
First off help us help you. Tell us what kinda of vehilce and such, also i looked for your codes and i don't even see a code 6 or 7 are you reading the codes wright. Actually how are you pulling the codes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its an '85 4runner automatic with 150,000 on the original motor. i used the jumper on the check engine harness on the driverside fenderwell. codes 6 and 7 come up. the haynes repair manual say code 6 is an rpm singal and code 7 is the throttle position sensor singal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts