Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my last trip Everytime I got the frontend on a hill the engine would stall.Only when front is higher,I could be on my side and it will still run.once the engine does stall I have to hold the skinny pedal down for 10 seconds wile cranking to get it fire up,and then I have to hold it floored to clear it out(runs rich)...It is acting worst than a Craburator :mad3:
The only thing I can think of is Fulepump, or T.P.S. :confused:

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
Factory tank?

I stood my 86 on its back bumper this weekend with no issues. The only thing I can possible thing of becides fuel pick up location would be the AFM for some reason flakes. Should be easy enough to check. Pull it off the filter base, loosen the clamp and rotate it and see if it dies.

Other thought is wires.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yep its factory tank,It was running fine last trip.then all of the sudden of its doing this,I reset the ECU turned idle up to 1000 this was all done on the trail.will try to rotate afm.
Just fliped AFM upside down with no problems.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sprayed carb cleaner all around.It runs fine at all other ANGLES I had my noise down to 35* no issues,its just wen my nose gets above 20*+

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Next guess would be bad wiring to the o2 sensor... It could be that once the rig tilts back far enough, the wire bends to the point of a degraded connection. It could be telling the computer that you are running too lean, and richening up the mixture.

Try pulling the codes, and see what they tell you...

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
check your o2 sensor, i had this problem but it was my charcole canaster was flooding out, i had to mess with the lines, and bypass the canaster on the trail, get a new one :flipoff2:

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Ok ,
I got some progress done today,I was able to fix the check engine light(light bulb).I scanned it and got the following codes.....6 and 11....6 was RPM signal I tested and everything looked ok,But threw in my Spare ECU and cancelled out diagnostic code...Fixed #6 :confused: ,But Still getten 11 Which is switch signal."diagnosis" short circuit in terminal T when air conditioner switch ON or IDL point off.
I am stumped on #11 :confused:

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Replaced tps with a new 1 from toyota.Its adjusted pretty good,Code shot it and now Im getting #10 and #11
Ive tested my main relay and circuit opening relay wich are both fine.Still cant figure out #11 though

1 - 18 of 18 Posts