Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering where the fuel filter is located on a 22RE. I have heard conflicting reports. Some sources say the filter is inline, others in tank. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
751 Posts
It's a bitch!

The fuel filter is under the intake manifold. It has 2 bango type fitings, they are hard to reach. You can get to them with some good effort. :D

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Its in the intake... you guys.... why are you fawkin with him... here's the deal man...

Take off the throttle body, the plenum, then when you get to the lower manifold, unbolt the fuel rail to reduce the pressure of the fuel (otherwise a fire may occur), then look under the intake, there are 2 12mm bolts and 2 17mm bolts that hold the banjo's on. Your fuel filter is now yours... have fun with reassembly. :D ;)

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
whitebrowithafro said:
Its in the intake... you guys.... why are you fawkin with him... here's the deal man...

Take off the throttle body, the plenum, then when you get to the lower manifold, unbolt the fuel rail to reduce the pressure of the fuel (otherwise a fire may occur), then look under the intake, there are 2 12mm bolts and 2 17mm bolts that hold the banjo's on. Your fuel filter is now yours... have fun with reassembly. :D ;)

:eek: :eek: :laughing:

·
Registered
311 Posts
RushTransAm said:
I was wondering where the fuel filter is located on a 22RE. I have heard conflicting reports. Some sources say the filter is inline, others in tank. Any help would be appreciated.
Your sources obviously have never actually worked on a 22RE.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah one of the sources is a friend of a friend, and the other is a generic Toyota truck book. I thought that looked like the filter down under the intake, but I wasn't sure. Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
damn all you guys do shit the hard way.

take the access panel out in the passengerside fender well. :flipoff2:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
Grim nailed it - use the access panel!

Kajo also mentioned one thing, disconnect the starter @ the battery first, boxed end wrenched WILL end up on the starter :p

Oh, and get prepared to cut your hands up, thee seems to be a ton of sharp edges down there to catch your hands on.

·
Registered
12,646 Posts
how about removing the fuel cap too, to stop the syphon, make the job a little cleaner. sucks to put a new filter in while it is continuing to pour gas out the fuel hose.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'll be darned! I never even noticed that access panel! Thanks! That'll make a 4 hour fuel filter change go a leetle beeet faster! I feel like a bit of an idiot now! Duuuuh to me! :p

·
Registered
311 Posts
gnob said:
there is a filter in the tank as well. :flipoff2:
I've pulled the fuel tank and fuel pump a couple years ago. I don't remember any fuel filter in the tank. There is a screen on the bottom of the fuel pump, but thats standard issue. Its not something you replace under normal circumstances.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts