Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The project: '85 4Runner 22RE w/ baseball sized hole in block is getting replaced with '85 22R. . . .

The posts I found about removing the motor helped out a bunch!
But, I still have a question. . . .

When I read my Chilton's manual (haven't found FSM yet), in the instructions it says to relieve the fuel system pressure. They give instructions about setting #1 to TDC and whatnot. . . .
This didn't get done, so what complications (if any) should I expect when I install the new motor? Any helpful tips for pressurizing the fuel system? This is my first EFI R&R.

TIA,
BD

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
If the motor is out, the fuel pressure is already gone. don't worry about it. It is a safety thing they have to include so you don't go cracking a line with 40 psi. in it and get fuel sprayed on you. I always just crack the line slowly, hold my cigarette in my other hand, and let it bleed down.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I thought when I cracked the line and didn't hear anything. . .

When I install, will I have to prime the fuel pump, or will it just take care of itself when the key is turned on?

Thanks again,
BD

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Why does it say to set #1 at TDC?? All you have to do it suck on the vacuum line that goes to the pressure regulator.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Everything is disconnected, on the floor, only the block is in the bay. . . just waiting for friend to bring over shop crane and yank that bugger.. . .

I'm also waiting to take delivery of replacement. . . . will be running soon, very soon. :flipoff2:

BTW- this is my first 22R pull. . . easier than I thought is was going to be :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts