Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 88 4 runner with a 22re. the fuel pump went out and i had a friend fix it. alan works in a shop, full time tech. he pulled out the stock pump and it priced out at 160.00 here. he put in a fuel pump from a vortec chevy pick up. he had to take a dremel tool and open up the stock pump holder to fit the chevy pump. and he just used the chevy sock over it all. and the best thing was the 60 dollar price. now if all you toy junkies have already done this, sorry for wasting your time. but if it is new, cheap, good info use it. the chevy pump is around 45 psi, compared to a a toy pump at 36 or 38 but the toy has a reguator. so i am just throwing it out there and hopfully someone can use the idea. mike

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
I WOULD NEVER USE A CHEV FUEL PUMP!!!!!

We have them go out all the damn time(chev tech), I personally do 2 a week easily, they are cheap!!! You get what you pay for, hope you bought a spare....

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
gunracer1---I know the Yota pumps are HEAVY....they have the feel of real steel. I used to work as a partsmen and sold a ton of Chevy pumps.....they were very light and seemed to be made from tin foil. They had a lifetime warrenty and I did have returns. I am not sure about the Vortec version. carry a spare on the trail :)
ps---Although we also had the Yota fuel pumps I don't ever recall selling one.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I bought a used Toy pump from a yard for $25 for a trial spare. I felt used Toy OEM quality was better than new generic stuff from the parts store for a third of the price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts