Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an 85 4 runner, 22RE, 5 spd, with 154k on it, recent timing chain and head gasket. It has an oil consumption problem, but no smoking?? It runs almost perfect, at times it has a barely perceptable "vibration", not even something I would characterize as a "rough" idle. I check the oil and it smells very much saturated with gas?????? Is my oil being diluted with unburned gasoline??? Ive heard of difficulties with the cold start injector, but would my runner run almost perfect??? Mileage is even like 18 MPG, what gives???(I dont think its related, but either my gauge or wiring to the temp gauge is faulty, as sometimes it works, sometimes not at all, a few knocks on the dash will usually correct the gauge to normal, for how long, sometimes just 5 seconds or so)

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
sounds like the rings are getting worn.. I had a 22re that burned a qaurt every tank of gas and you could not see any smoke AT ALL.. When I pulled it apart it had about .045 on the rings end gap.. The bore was still good.. Put some new rings in it and it went to not useing a Quart beofre every oil change

1 - 2 of 2 Posts