Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 pickup 22re locked F&R, 82 Hilux RE swap in the making
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals, I have an 1987 pickup sr5 that doesn't have spark. I've tested for power coming to the 2 pin connector at the ignitor and there is power there when needed. I do not have power getting to the positive side of my coil. Are there any other power sources that come to the ignitor or is it just the single power source? Just an FYI this is in my 1982 hilux that I've decided to do the RE swap into since the R was tire and leaked oil out faster than it could be poured in. I've already tried a known good ignitor from my running 87 pickup and still no spark. Any help or info would be appreciated, Cheers.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
I'd try a separate jumper to the + side just to see if that's your only issue... then it's just the game of trace it back to where it's supposed to be coming from. I'm assuming you've found a switched hot from the key... might need to install a relay to supply that igniter. ...just a thought.

·
Registered
87 pickup 22re locked F&R, 82 Hilux RE swap in the making
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd try a separate jumper to the + side just to see if that's your only issue... then it's just the game of trace it back to where it's supposed to be coming from. I'm assuming you've found a switched hot from the key... might need to install a relay to supply that igniter. ...just a thought.

Thanks for the suggestion but it ended up being a bad ground through the case. Cleaned it up and went to a good ground. Definitely a pain in the a$$ but that will happen.

·
Registered
220 Posts
that's the 53ex ignitor on the 22re? you dodged a bullet, if it was dead you'd have a hard time replacing it because it's been out of stock for a long time: More Information for WVE 6H1308

i'd suggest getting a used one as a backup, or in my case i was lucky because i set up a stock notification with rockauto, and got lucky when a couple of 'em came in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts