Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, im looking into buying a 88 toy and sas'ing to replace my beat up 81 as my wheeler... yada yada yada you get it take all my parts off and put it on that. MY question is im going to be putting a 22re i dont have yet but i am looking to acquire soon to put into this truck, does anyone know of any problems with doing this? should be a direct bolt in and wire up correct?

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
where did you get an 88 with a 3.4?

sounds like you should be putting in a 3.4 should be an esier swap, but the engine could be more expensive unless you get a deal on a wrecked car.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
If you mean you're planning to put a 22RE into a truck that has the 3VZ-E 3.0 V6, then NO it is not a direct bolt in. The tranny is different, the wiring is different, the computer is different, the engine mounts are totally different, yada yada yada.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my bad 3.0 v6... i realize the wiring and computer would be diffrent but, the motor mounts are diffrent? i realize the tranny is diffrent i will be using a w56 with dual cases behind the 22re. So the mounts are diffrent... anyone done this swap yet, searched but didnt find anything usefull..

·
Registered
928 Posts
Dood, you are going to have better luck swapping in a 3.4 5vzfe than putting a 22-re in there. I bet the amount total work would end up being the same.

Unless there is a specific reason for you wanting a 22-re, think about the alternative. Much better driveabilty and equal reliability with the 5v.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
yep...Off road solutions sells the kit to swap in the 3.4 in place of your 3.0. I believe it even uses the same motor mounts.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well shiat... maybe a 3.4 is the way to go. ill check it out, thanks guys. if anyone who has done this would like to chime in go ahead.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts