Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1993 toyota pickup with the 22re in it with a ford 250 fuel tank swapped instead of the stock tank. This is the first time I have tried starting the truck since i got the tank. I bought the truck not running and swapped a rebuilt motor in it and it starts then after about 5 seconds it dies. I'm not very good at mechanical work im just learning as I go. I filmed it, I'm guessing its timing or something where its not getting enough fuel or too much, When I push on the gas it instantly dies. If anyone can help or lead me in the right direction that would be awesome. Here is a video of it, I dont know if this will help at all but it might. Thanks

Toyota pickup first start - YouTube

·
Premium Member
29,407 Posts
So, to clarify...

Purchased truck, swapped in rebuilt engine. Truck drove fine. Swapped in Ford tank, Truck starts and dies.

Or

Purchased truck, swapped engine and tank at same time, truck starts and dies.

Makes a difference. In addition to checking the fuel pump and fuel pressure, also check out the intake side. You need to make sure that there is no air leaks in the intake tube or any other large vacuum leaks. Also, ensure that the TPS is properly adjusted.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry if what I wrote was confusing. I bought the truck with a bad motor swapped a rebuilt motor in. My stock tank was rusted almost all the way through. So I put the ford fuel tank in and this is the first time I've tried starting since owning it. The ford tank has a brand new stock fuel pump it is the rear tank from a 1993 ford f250. What I've found it could be partially a clogged fuel filter, mass air flow sensor. I will look into vacuum leaks and the adjustment of the tps. Thanks for the tips and advise so far

1 - 4 of 4 Posts