Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a feeling if i ask this in the toyota section ill get told to fawk off so ill ask here. how much is to much to pay for a complete running 92 22re, 167k miles? the yard wants $800 should i buy it?

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
complete w/harness/computer?

if so that sounds pretty good. make sure the trans listed on the ecm matches the vehicle it's going into.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
complete w/harness/computer?

if so that sounds pretty good. make sure the trans listed on the ecm matches the vehicle it's going into.
are you talkin transmission? if not i dont understand. its going in my 80 toy with w56 transmission

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
are you talkin transmission? if not i dont understand. its going in my 80 toy with w56 transmission
i'm talking automatic vs stick. maybe a better question to ask: is your truck already equipped with a 22re? is this just a replacement for a current blown engine?

·
Premium Member
29,405 Posts
i'm talking automatic vs stick. maybe a better question to ask: is your truck already equipped with a 22re? is this just a replacement for a current blown engine?
if it is the original 80 engine in there, then no it isn't a 22re. If they will give you a warranty, like 30-90 day is pretty typical, then it isn't too bad for $800 if it is everything that you need, complete engine, all electronics, all wiring, ecm, fuel pump, etc.

Something with that many miles that has been sitting is probably full of shit too and will likely need to be pulled apart and inspected. If you have the budget, do a full rebuild, if not, then take a look at it and see what you can salvage. Just doing a simple re-ring and new bearings and oil pump, water pump, timing set can all be done fairly simply. If the cylinders are in decent shape it should last for a while, you just don't want to force a bunch of sludge monsters through the thing if you can avoid it.

A completely rebuilt longblock can run you $12-1500, a used long block with low miles (under 10,000) is probably worth $300, a long block with high miles is probably worth $150.

Manifolds and all the efi stuff is probably worth $250 or so if it is all used, and very expensive if all new.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmm.. my truck currently has a 20r. iv got a guy that has done the swap aswell as 3rz swaps before. i know very little about the wiring. the yard is advertising this as a grade a, good running engine. partial rebuild of this engine is out of the budget. this has become a hard decision.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, turns out they dont have the truck the engine was in. there trying to tell me they can get me the other parts off a different truck. from what iv heard the stuff should all come from the same doner truck. i geuss its a no go. damn! this stuff is hard to find in a hurry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts